Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70146.36

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad day in MI

Sad day in MI

So, I was awakened this morning to my oldest daughter (24) calling me on the phone to tell me my youngest daughter (17) called her and asked her to pick her up from school. Her best friend's family was in a bad car accident. The Dad had surprised them last week with a Cruise trip, and they were driving down to Florida over the weekend to embark on it. I do not know all the details, but the 6 of them were on the freeway somewhere in South Carolina, and apparently there were 3 other cars racing, and one of them hit their SUV and it rolled over, and they were thrown from the vehicle, and my daughter's friend's 16 yr old brother was killed. The father had severe head trauma, his skull had to be held together by my daughters friend until paramedics arrived. The mom also suffered head trauma, but hopefully only a concussion. A friend going along with them has a broken neck, and may be paralyzed for life. My daughter's friend and her youngest (4 or 5 yrs old) brother suffered minor injuries. My oldest daughter lives about halfway between my house and the school, so they just went to her house. After an hour or so of spending time there with my grandson (her godson), she realized she had a calculus test later today so she went back to school. What a trooper. This family owns a party/crafts supplies store here, and my daughter has been working part time with them for about 8 months now. Her and her friend are like sisters, so much so that she calls me and my wife Mom and Dad, and we call her our other daughter. She is a real good kid, the Class President in fact. The school is actually who informed my daughter (as well as the rest of the school) of what happened. This is a terrible tragedy that happened to a wonderful family. If you would, please say a prayer for the Williams family, and especially for Jimmy, who was tragically taken from them.

Life it too short, hug em if ya love em. And god bless.
    22:52 <onehotdame> pull my finger
    02:51 <onehotdame> ill miss u when u go
    14:53 <onehotdame> gotta callthePOD people
    12/17/2014 16:29 <onehotdame> your a bit of an ass when yo high

Wow I'm so sorry to hear that Michigan. Your daughter does seem very strong I'm glad they were able to go to her.

thats awful . i will say prayer for them mich

PokerOwned God
    azrael wow dude, i know you can be a buthole sometimes, but really.........hey mich i hope everything works out for your daughter's friends family including yours as well..it will take time sir..patience,love and support are three important things atm sir..

I cleaned this up a little.
    I am sorry this happened and is affecting your family.
    My thoughts and prayers will be with your family and theirs.

here is a link to an article about it. I didnt know there was a 7th person on the trip too. details are still coming in. WIS NEWS
    Last edited by MichMan; 11-19-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar
    Death is never an easy thing. How devastating this is. My prayers will include your friends, family and all victims..this is truly a time of sorrow. God bless.
    Last edited by shellabella; 11-19-2012 at 03:10 PM.

WOW sry to hear this Mich. Its sad that idiots always involve innocent people in there foolishnes. Im sooo sorry for your loss of your friends and daughters friends.. My prayers go out to this family
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Seasoned Veteran
    Prayers to the Williams family. My God how terrible, mich Ill include you and yours in my prayers as well God Bless

I wasnt aware until my wife got home and told me, my daughter was asked to go with them 1st, but declined. So her friend asked another to go instead. The one who's neck was broken. My daughter just got home and is completely utterly devastated. That could of been her. She doesnt like to be touched so she wont let anyone give her a hug, except my grandson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast