Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64138.85

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Demi-God
    I can't believe that this thread has not gained more interest. It seems like more and more people are complaining and feel that the mods are sleeping on the job. Although there have been a few times where I felt i was being "abused"(for lack of a better word) and i wish a mod would have stepped in, I don't really feel that way my self. I am having a hard time deciding how to word this so i am just gonna go for it and hope it isn't misinterpreted. It doesn't really effect the mods if a user is abused by someone and decides not to come back. Sure they may have to delete a ranting thread or something, but there is no lasting consequence. As far as I know they don't share in the profits of the site, sure they get paid points but its not like they get paid based on the number of disputes they stop, so to zab when a member leaves it is one less member to do tasks and earn revenue, but to the mods when a member leaves it is just on less person they have to police. I am not saying that any mods purposely let people get abused just so they will leave. I am just saying that fewer members=less policing. There have also been times where people get into it in a thread and a mod steps in and defends one of them, only to find out that they are actually in the wrong or when a mod will close a thread and then poofy of zab will reopen it, there has to be a little embarrassment to the mod in those instances.Also and I am sure people will deny this, but no one wants people to dislike them, people want to be liked plain and simple so they let things slide and hope people think of them as "the cool MOD" What I am trying to say is that there is more of an incentive to let things go than there is to step in. Its kind of like when u were a kid and saw some on getting bullied on the playground, sure you could step in and risk embarrassment, but if that bully is picking on them, he cant pick on you. All of this is to say that to some of the mods, and certainly not all, (it is really just a few that i can think of) it doesn't really matter to them if someone leaves the site because they feel abused. Maybe someone has an idea on how to light a fire under them and really get them invested in the idea of keeping members active on the site.
    Last edited by nab76; 01-31-2014 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TONelson View Post
    At the risk of offending or sounding condescending... did you even read the original post Zab?

I get that you are busy, and have a hundred and one things to do every time you log in, but you frankly did not address even one of my issues in your response.

Honestly, the fact that I had to raise a stick in chat and bump this 5 day old thread to even get a response from you or one of the MODS is very telling.
    The thing is, not everything is as black and white as you want it to be, everything is situational.
    It is hard to stick to reading your post because when the fiction comes in, I lose interest. As of last night there were 3 members in chat complaining that we are censoring too much, and no offense, but you are one that comes into chat daily trying to provoke reactions from ppl that you don't like.

Zab in fact did answer your inquiry pretty accurate, there is no hard set protocall, there can't be, it is left to our discretion. Are we going to handle every situation that makes everyone happy? no. In fact you seemed to answer your own questions in those paragraphs.

Also I am pretty sure we all had to click an agreement to the terms of service upon signing up. (As mentioned in the whorebot example)

I personally feel that when I bring up a legit issue I'm concerned about that it's often perceived as "causing drama". I've learned that I have to step back as soon as a mod gets defensive, and there are some (past and present) that can get defensive very quickly. Getting defensive is a bad sign, it means whatever issue I have is being brushed off. So then I start getting frustrated and feel helpless, which then turns into getting mad at PO. Then I don't want to be as active. I've seen this cycle with many other loyal, long time members. Quite a few have decided PO was not worth the headache and have moved onto other forums, and I really doubt they will be back.

PO has too much value for me on the poker funds side of things, I'm not going anywhere. But the cycle I've mentioned above has definitely made me pull away from the social side of PO in the past. I've learned when I need to redirect my frustrations before I become mad at the mod world, and I would like to think that I get along with all of them now and I want to keep it that way.

The more I'm around though, the more I realize how much is expected of the mods and how little power they have in some areas. They are in a tough position, and I really don't want to cause them any trouble.
    I'm gonna give that bitch a freeroll, bitches love freerolls.

Quote Originally Posted by rghy2 View Post
    I personally feel that when I bring up a legit issue I'm concerned about that it's often perceived as "causing drama". I've learned that I have to step back as soon as a mod gets defensive, and there are some (past and present) that can get defensive very quickly. Getting defensive is a bad sign, it means whatever issue I have is being brushed off. So then I start getting frustrated and feel helpless, which then turns into getting mad at PO. Then I don't want to be as active. I've seen this cycle with many other loyal, long time members. Quite a few have decided PO was not worth the headache and have moved onto other forums, and I really doubt they will be back.
    With your situation, I completely understand your frustration, the problem was on the flip side you were not creating drama, however there were others then jumping which was and when that happens we kind of have to move it out of chat. Only Zab could fix the problem so it continuing in chat at that point was kind of mute, especially as others were using it as a way just stir up crap.

As for the few that left PO due to the headache who have moved on, they still come back, or at least some do, they just don't go into chat.

There is no way we are going to make everyone happy, there are way too many personalities in the member base for that to be possible.
    Last edited by Poof; 01-31-2014 at 06:58 AM.

This kind of reminds me of the 'throwing up of arms' about people not using the new off site trade upgrade, as if this issue cant be stopped. Now I realize that banning people is never a goal, bu why can't more enforcement happen? Give the warning to move argument to channel 2, and if after 1 minute (to give time for chat to refresh and be seen) fight doesnt stop, BAM 30 min right there. If coming back in start up right away, goes to 24 hours, then a week, and if still an issue, perma banned from chat unless proven after time to resolve issues (and i mean months there)

Forum posts the same issue, insta revoke points if spamming or flaming posts, block temp from posting, etc. Scammers shouldn't even be a question, locked out of ANYTHING where points or money changes hands (except for doing tasks), and have to get unanimous vote from mods/zab to reinstate rights after time and repayment,etc.

People will say youre hard asses for maybe a couple weeks, tops. Then everyone will get along better because they understand he alternative and that you're really serious about it
    Always Remember Your Roots

Makeup Owed: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f31/makeup-thread-post-your-makeup-here-27604.html

Quote Originally Posted by s810car View Post
    This kind of reminds me of the 'throwing up of arms' about people not using the new off site trade upgrade, as if this issue cant be stopped. Now I realize that banning people is never a goal, bu why can't more enforcement happen? Give the warning to move argument to channel 2, and if after 1 minute (to give time for chat to refresh and be seen) fight doesnt stop, BAM 30 min right there. If coming back in start up right away, goes to 24 hours, then a week, and if still an issue, perma banned from chat unless proven after time to resolve issues (and i mean months there)
    This is what we are doing....

Went off and forgot why i mentioned OS trades lol, If people want your help in those, use the system, if not their loss, and if complaining, remove their posts (outside if scammer warning of course that should be visible). Their fault for not using it, and tough if they think it isn't fair, grow up and be a lil smarter on the interwebz. I wouldn't even entertain helping them outside of blocking scammer from activity until the other member is made whole
    Always Remember Your Roots

Makeup Owed: http://www.pokerowned.com/forums/f31/makeup-thread-post-your-makeup-here-27604.html

The chatbox is just like politics in general. Some people clamor for more regulation, and others feel their rights are being violated by what they deem to be authoritarian over-reach. There is no way to make everyone happy. I think, " The greatest good for the greatest number of people" is applicable here, and for the most part the mods do a decent job. Look @ the whole AZ situation.... the overwhelming majority of PO collectively stood up and said NO MAS, and AZ got a long timeout. Sometimes mods do what I deem to be too little or too much in varying circumstances and situations, but thats going to happen. Someone has too be in control, and those who aren't are bound to disagree from time to time. I think for the most part, chat has been fine. I think that people do use very course/vulgar language, and also sometimes use homophobic/racial slurs; but this just goes to reinforce my perception that said perpetrators aren't all that intelligent. Like I said, I think that the mods do a fairly decent job, and on the rare instances they do get something grossly wrong the community generally weighs in heavily. Idk... perhaps I am rambling incoherently, I have only slept like 4 hours in the past two days 0_o

tbh the problem is when zab does get involved in the chat as with most things/issues etc he doesnt know whats going on/context/people involved or ANYTHING, he sees something, assumes the worst and acts on it, i have no issues with my bans and for the most part deserve them cool off and al is well again, the only times ive really disputed my bans are when zabs done the above everytime hes banned me its been a misunderstanding

same with issues the only way to get zabs attention because hes so "busy" is to make the pm/forum post less than a paragraph otherwise what you say will not get through at all whatsoever

mods try there best but im with rghy they need more power give another mod (prawny) supr mod status and give poof more powers id also suggest employing another dev its all about sharing the load and it seems like he just doesnt wanna do that

when poof was made super mod in the original thread zab said that she would eventually be given more and more powers as time went by..its been months ago and from what i can tell she has the same list of shit she can do that she had before

guidlines need to be set in place for chat but people are gunna tilt always and ill keep saying this section off the chat
    kiddy chat
    S.O.S chat
    staking chat
    request access for the bottom 2 (maybe make the market place subforum hidden until access is granted) that way u can monitor better who is trading so u can stop n00bs from setting up trades and scamming/being scammed

a S.O.S sub forum (seriously offensive shit) where ANYTHING goes u dont like summin air it there unmoderated chaos again hidden till access is granted, that way if anything is said thats offensive/insulting/derogative or just uncalled for it can be infracted

finally get rid of bubble chat completely all i ever see on it are people begging for trades/passwords theres no need for it
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

Elite PokerOwned Member JohnnyDeepStacks's Avatar
    To be honest, I have read this ridiculously long thread way to many times and still can not determine what type of narcotics are being used here. You people have way to much free time.

JDS boobytrap spelled backwards is partyboob
    PooffyFooffy omg I need to play there more, were u in da game?
    JDS @PooffyFooffy no Pooffy its just a fun fact

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast