Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70456.89

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Obesity - What are your views?

Obesity is a big problem today. Portion sizes have changed, along with daily intake. What are your views on obesity? It's everywhere. I cannot name the last place I have went to without seeing someone overweight. Some people have crossed the line of 400lbs. It's just - crazy.

Personally, I don't have a solid opinion on it. I don't believe people should eat so much, or, at least make an effort to work off the calories at the gym, or take a run. There are many, simple ways to lose weight. But, I do think it is easily controllable.

Is it the economy's fault? There are fast food places everywhere, it's hard to not find one. Healthy foods cost more than unhealthy foods do. Salads at McDonalds, for example, are around $4. You can purchase 3 McDoubles for that price. It's cheaper, and you get more food. That definitely influences your decision when money gets brought into the equation.
    Last edited by BoostMyBR; 04-29-2012 at 11:44 AM.

PokerOwned Master
    If you're hungry eat, if you aren't hungry don't eat

interesting question, this is a problem but what can you do, every where you look there is a fast food joint.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

PokerOwned Veteran
    "Obesity is a huge problem"

ROFLMAO

The biggest problem is that when people eat all day everyday the do exercise and most sit on there ass all day and that creates problem. I eat fast food everyday at least twice a day. im not over wieght or obese. Thats the main problem right there.
    A bad attitude is just like a car with a flat tire, "You aren't going anywhere unless you change it."

Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar
    I know a few people who could fall into the obesity category, and it worries me what they are doing will shorten their life span. I care about these folks and try not to talk down to them IF we ever talk about health. In the end, they have to make the choice. For the most part, I think the problem has come about due to lifestyle or how they were raised and how inactive they are. There could be other factors as well, but this is pretty much how I see it, in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by AryAlton View Post
    The biggest problem is that when people eat all day everyday the do exercise and most sit on there ass all day and that creates problem. I eat fast food everyday at least twice a day. im not over wieght or obese. Thats the main problem right there.
    or it means there is too many people playing on-line poker

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Quote Originally Posted by trubton444 View Post
    If you're hungry eat, if you aren't hungry don't eat
    When you are hungry, you can still control portion sizes. Is it easy? Does the public make unhealthy foods easily accessible? It may not be the easiest thing to do, but it can still be done. Do people care enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
    interesting question, this is a problem but what can you do, every where you look there is a fast food joint.
    Just added that part into my post. That is also making things worse. It's too easily accessible. How many restaurants out there served only healthy foods? No burgers, fries, etc. There aren't many to choose from. Places like McDonalds, Taco Bell, Burger King, etc. are everywhere. When you're hungry, you stop by and grab something. It's all about convenience. Plus, it's cheap. They want you to eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by LASJayhawk View Post
    "Obesity is a huge problem"

ROFLMAO
    Yes, it is. Care to contribute to the discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by AryAlton View Post
    That's the problem. Taking a jog for 30 minutes can really help burn some calories. Laziness kicks in there too. Is it too much work? People need to care for themselves more.

Experienced Member
    exercise an hour a day 3x/week and you'll feel great. Its not that hard people.

Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clar3015 View Post
    exercise an hour a day 3x/week and you'll feel great. Its not that hard people.

That sounds easy enough, however for someone who has never exercised to them, it is NOT that easy. They need motivation and to stick with it and someone to get angry at them from time to time, yadda yadda. Luckily I'm not one of those people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast