Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70101.41

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Paisleysky View Post
    Making chicken and smoked sausage gumbo tonight as I'm playing the 4pm freeroll. My first time making gumbo, I had no idea how many steps there were or how long it takes. Phew! Everything is in except the chicken at this point, which I'll add in another 45 mins. To cook for an additional half hour. Got this recipe out of my mother's Food Network mag from last month. Hope it's good!
    This sounds good. You need to put the recipe on here so we can all try it. Good Skill in the tourney.

PokerOwned God
    nice to see this thread still going..i just got finish cooking baked chicken marsalias, with sauteed mushrooms and onions with a rice pilaf and butter corn..now time for a glass of carlos sweet red wine..

Prawney prefers microwaved hot dogs.............

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Quote Originally Posted by billyjustin View Post
    yeah yeah, i would participate in a recipe corner, love to cook and try different things.
    I would def participate in a recipe corner! I think that is a great idea.. I love to cook and I have to say I'm a pretty good cook! Just ask Acesup and Rellik their bellies are always full!

Ok so I finished making the gumbo and it's delicious! I luv it! I found the recipe on the Food Network site. Chicken and Sausage Gumbo Recipe : : Recipes : Food Network

I made some changes to mine as follows since I live pretty much on a tight budget. Also I just do not have a pot big enough to acomadate all of this recipe. lol
    It calls for canola oil for making the roux which I don't use regularly, so just used vegtable oil. Was fine.
    It calls for part whole wheat flour, which I also don't have on hand and couldn't think of what the hell else to so with it anyway. So I used all white flour. Do not expect the roux to get a dark as they say with all white.
    I used about half the amount of liquid called for measuring for the size of the pot I had available.
    As for the meat, it calls for 1 1/2 lbs boneless thigh meat AND 1 1/2 lbs boneless breast meat. I used 2 lbs package of all thigh meat period. It's cheaper and I think it has more flavor.
    For the sausage I used 2 14oz packages of different kinds of smoked sausage rather than the special ham which I don't like so much.
    The rest of the ingredients I kept the same as well as cooking times.

Last thing, this recipe is pretty darn spicey. Calling for 2tsps of cayanne, so If you don't want that, use half or less. Don't cut it out all together as it is part of the flavour.
    Enjoy!

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Wow it really sounds like some hardcore poker players here. Or maybe they should change them from ring or bracelet events to the coveted "APRON" event. lol

PokerOwned God
    i fry red and green pepper with saugsage, then separately fry zuchinni and yellow squash put it all togetter with muzarella cheese and a little tomoatoe sauce and bake then put in on top of rigatoni pasta the bomb

Quote Originally Posted by royalpat View Post
    i fry red and green pepper with saugsage, then separately fry zuchinni and yellow squash put it all togetter with muzarella cheese and a little tomoatoe sauce and bake then put in on top of rigatoni pasta the bomb
    That sounds good! How long do you bake it for?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567