Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70746.29

PokerOwned Demi-God

need help with ebay auctions

my kids decided to create an ebay account and sell a bag full of their old chaotic cards. They decided to be nice and offer free shipping. The bidding ends tomorrow and they've got a whopping 2.xx bid so far, not even enough to cover shipping, lol. Just curious if anyone knows how this works, are they obligated to send at that price or do they have option after time is up to decline? Anyone know?

PokerOwned God
    For starters, the real bidding won't start until the end of the auction, that's how ebay usually works. In my opinion, unless they put a minimum on it, they are obligated to ship it no matter the price.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    another question, whats to stop me from going on my ebay account and bidding higher?

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by madjek View Post
    another question, whats to stop me from going on my ebay account and bidding higher?
    nothing i dont think

Quote Originally Posted by madjek View Post
    I feel like many people do that to bump up the price, but they have the IPs and if you get caught that's an insta ban.

Elite PokerOwned Member marlais's Avatar
    Yeah, if there's a certain price that they aren't willing to ship below then you're supposed to either make that the opening bid or set a reserve price. I'm not sure, but you might be able to ship baseball cards media mail rate which might be cheaper than first class mail.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    well this is a total mess now. Apparently you are obligated to sell at the price. My son put in his email address as to where to send the paypal to, he doesn't have a paypal account, so now i don't what to do. Worse case he gets bad rating on ebay right, we got no money, they got no jproduct, anyone know what happens in case like this?

Elite PokerOwned Member marlais's Avatar
    Have the guy mail you a check, send the item once the check has cleared the bank. I think you might just have to suck up the monetary loss. Luckily, it sounds like it's pretty minor.

feedback??

ebay site is sucks for me, they used paypal and the money is hard.