Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70746.29

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Master

Weigh in on the Trayvon Martin Case

I believe George Zimmerman should be prosactued. But not for the reasons everyones saying. I belive in no way was this racial discrimnation. Yes, he was black and probley would've ended differently if he was white, but I highly doubt he'd shoot someone just because he was black. He HAD to have some reason to open fire, but because he did open fire, and he in no way was thretened he should be charged, I don't know if Murder would be the right charge though.

What do y'all think?

PokerOwned Demi-God
    I also believe he should be prosecuted and don't think he would've fired if Trayvon was white. This story would never have gotten any attention if Zimmerman was black or Trayvon was white. But with that said, something should be done. Will be interesting to see what happens...

Imo the whole 2nd ammendent, right to bear arms thing is the problem. It gives people like this guy the idea that he has the right to just shoot and kill anyone who he thinks might be up to no good, even with no reason to think it.

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    Imo the whole 2nd ammendent, right to bear arms thing is the problem. It gives people like this guy the idea that he has the right to just shoot and kill anyone who he thinks might be up to no good, even with no reason to think it.
    Couldnt disagree more, I don't like the government controlling my life so they shouldnt be able to tell I am not allowed to own a gun

PokerOwned Master
    10:1 this thread is gonna get more responses and turn even uglier than the collusion thread. anyone wanna take the bet? politics and race relations are a potent combo.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    More than agree on this.

He followed the kid after 911 told him to stop, the kid was on the phone with his gf and said someone is following me. I totally think he targeted this boy and it maybe went further than he planned, but it is his actions that led to that.
    He is guilty of murder imo.

PokerOwned God
    he was a security guard for the complex so he just wasnt running around trying to kill someone but that being said it does seem fishy to me the police told him to stop and he didn;t so he should be held accountable he should of asked the police to come if he felt something was up

Quote Originally Posted by royalpat View Post
    he should of asked the police to come if he felt something was up
    he did, they were on their way, which was why they said they didn't need him to follow him, afaik

Quote Originally Posted by trubton444 View Post
    Couldnt disagree more, I don't like the government controlling my life so they shouldnt be able to tell I am not allowed to own a gun
    Its for thoughts like this that there is the need for the government to make decisions over certain things. Why would u need a gun?? For protection?? The only reason you would need it for protection is because the 2nd ammendment means that people who might want to cause you harm would also have a gun.

Obviously this has been in place so long and guns are so widespread and easily available that it would be near impossible to change the law and rid the guns of the streets.

Give a human a Gun and sooner or later he is gonna shoot someone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast