Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70663.81

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac vs. PC

PokerOwned Master

Mac vs. PC

I just got a macbook pro. I think its way better than any PC. Plus, it doesn't get viruses. Ever. Who likes MAC better? PC better? Why?

PokerOwned Moderator
    Macs do get viruses, just rarely, and because of the way security is built, the average virus can't really do much on a Mac. I like PC better for the simple fact you got access to more programs/games. The dock also bothers me on Mac. It looks pretty but gets in the way and takes up too much of the screen. Of course you can shrink it to a very small size, but then what's the point of it by then. From my experience, Windows OS locks up a lot, but on Mac, the OS is far more stable but applications lock up a lot. I installed Mac OS X on my Dell and it runs pretty well, but I only run Hero Poker on it basically, so I haven't tested it out much. Ignoring which OS has the most access to proprietary software, I choose Ubuntu (Linux). It's very stable and fast, but I haven't logged onto it in a while. I was using vmware to emulate windows on top of it for poker, but that was annoying. Might be okay once I get a second monitor.

lowball
    I run Linux and 7 mostly, but I managed to build a hackintosh in the past. I like how intuitive and clean the user interface is. I prefer Windows just because of it's compatibility with all my favorite games and programs. I hate having to deal with Virtualbox or trying to get a program running in Wine.

PokerOwned God
    Generally speaking MACs are more expensive and less software runs natively on them. Having said that ... most MAC owners I have met do swear by them.

yea i bought a 17 inch macbook pro too thunderbolt baby this year in last week of may came with a free wireless printer and my brothers 200.00 discount for college students helped me as well which is weird because the girl that helped us didnt ask for my brother college id or class scedule she was hot and she knew it i wanted to fuck her so bad i did get a hug and a kiss in there what can i say im a perv. everything you describe is why i bought it i have know idea how to use it except play poker and browse the web on safari. let me know how to download cake and luvin because im havin trouble and i know u do beats can i use the mac to create a rap

I am prefer PC version, that's you don't need to worry about you can't play all the games
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

PokerOwned Veteran
    I always wanted a MAC. Hopefully I build a nice roll on carbon so I can buy one haha!

Private
    macbook pro

Private
    i THINK THAT PC IS LOT BETTER

Private
    Mac. I like PC better for the simple fact you got access to more programs/games. The dock also bothers me on Mac. It looks pretty but gets in the way and takes up too much of the screen. Of course you can shrink it to a very small size, but then what's the point of it by then. From my experience, Windows OS locks up a lot, but on Mac, the OS is far more stable but applications lock up a lot. I installed Mac OS X on my Dell and it runs pretty well, but I only run Hero Poker on it basically, so I haven't tested it out much. Ignoring which OS has the most access to proprietary software, I choose Ubuntu (Linux). It's very stable and fast, but I haven't logged onto it in a while. I was using vmware to emulate windows on top of it for poker, but that was annoying. Might be okay once I get a sec

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast