Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64056.2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar

Post United States Downgraded Credit by Standard & Poors From AAA to AA+

Standard and Poors Credit Rating Agency went ahead against threats from the Obama administration and amidst protest to downgrade the United States debt rating from a Pristine AAA to a respectable AA+ with a negative outlook.

Facts: Since the year 1917 the United States had a AAA rating, through the great depression, world war 2, korean war, vietnam war, gulf wars, and 9-1-1.

-The U.S has a 14 trillion dollar debt, that's $14,000,000,000,000 in the RED

-The U.S has over 100 trillion in unfunded liabilities.

My Opinion: The Obama administration is running our great nation into the ground with a corrupt gov't and Keynesian economic style. With a massive number of people now on food stamps and welfare, not to mention the mess that social security, medicare and medicaid are, we are running into a calamity possibly the size of the great depression. We owe over 2 trillion to a single nation, China. If we do not elect fiscally conservative businessman with advisors who actually were in the real world, than we are in trouble.

Your Friend,

GottImHimmel
    Last edited by GottImHimmel; 08-06-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Agree with most of the diagnosis, but it would be a shame to be killed by the remedy! I like the idea of fiscally conservative politicians, the problem is that they usually are socially conservative as well. So the guys you are telling us to elect are the same ones who would shut down our poker, take away our right to consume marijuana, and basically be the morality police to us all. I will vote for your fiscally conservative candidates, if you can find me some not associated with the Conservative Right.

Solution : Age limits for marijuana, taxed and regulated, and highly illegal to use while driving. Regulate online poker but allow it. And it is a real shame that a lot of times your right, the founding fathers would want us to express our individuality, not conformity. Again I say though purely economically we cannot sustain this entitlement state.

I'm afraid that it might be too late for our country,,,,nobody asked, but the first thing I'd do is stop being the rescuer of the world. I think it's not a question of the failure of the USA, but a question of when. It's like quicksand, and we are up to our neck.... how do you stop and reverse this in time, when it's taken decades to create,,,,We as people must take some of the blame for not saying enough is enough. If I went to the grocery and say I'll pay you next time and then continue to do this, are they going to continue to allow this? Is the rest of the world going to let us claim bankruptcy and start over,,,don't think so. I'm a veteran and have to say, I'm almost ashamed to be an American. Good Luck to us, we are going to need all we can get.
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

I dont get why people are blaming obama on this. Its not like he made this debt. He inherited it.

Zab
    If the US Government was a family, they would be making $58,000 a year, they spend $75,000 a year, & are $327,000 in credit card debt. They are currently proposing BIG spending cuts to reduce their spending to $72,000 a year. These are the actual proportions of the federal budget & debt, reduced to a level that we can understand.
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

True, however, rather than taking leadership and working to lower it, he made a budget that would increase the debt by another 1.2 trillion, not one member of congress voted for it.

Also, when he has increased the debt per day more than any other president in history.
    -He created ANOTHER war in Libya that was NOT authorized. He increased the Afghan war with the surge, which militarily was a success but, why the hell are we in that pile of rocks anyways anymore?
    -By the way, Bush was a massive Gov't endorser too, so I'm not defending him, after all he was the one that had the 2008 housing bubble on his watch.
    ---What I want- A return to fiscal conservatism.

PokerOwned God
    I read this yesterday ... I wasn't shocked to see it.

As current captain Obama is partial responsible of course. To blame it all on him though is not understanding the complex nature of the whole mess we are in. Congress passes budgets, the president signs it or vetos it. Its more complex then that, just giving a simple example of its more than one man.

If you remember back a few years our economy was in the crapper before Obama was elected. One could easily argue when he took over the ship, it had already hit the iceberg.

Lol Obama didnt start the war in libya. I dont even think americans are fighting there, and if they are its in a minimal way. Its mostly the bigger european countries. Bush spent 8 years in office going to war and im pretty sure this cost of war went along way to building that debt. And to then say its obama's fault that they are still there is just trying too hard to find reasons to give out about him.

Quote Originally Posted by bmeelneg View Post
    I read this yesterday ... I wasn't shocked to see it.

As current captain Obama is partial responsible of course. To blame it all on him though is not understanding the complex nature of the whole mess we are in. Congress passes budgets, the president signs it or vetos it. Its more complex then that, just giving a simple example of its more than one man.

If you remember back a few years our economy was in the crapper before Obama was elected. One could easily argue when he took over the ship, it had already hit the iceberg.

Again- I get it, he inherited part of it, but where's the American Spirit that once would stand on PRINCIPLE and take responsibility, work your damned hardest, and try to fix the problem.
    He HAS 1 adviser or "Czar" that had run a business in the private sector. The others like Amelia Dunn quote Mao Tse Dung, former communist premier of China in our nation's colleges.
    Not to mention the people like George Soros who is quoted as saying he himself was " God-Like " who broke the bank of England by massively shorting it, now saying that the world's problem is the United States.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast