Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $69960.28

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riddle Me This

Lieutenant Commander TopJimmy99's Avatar

Riddle Me This

I'm going to start a thread solely for riddles. We will stay on one riddle until it has been complete, please do not post another riddle until the riddle has been solved. Ideally I'd like to set up a rewards system and personally put up points to the person that comes up with the answer, but it would be too easy for people to cheat and look the answers up.

Please no stupid answers or comments, and please don't look up the answers and ruin it for everyone. This thread is for people who like doing riddles, so if you feel the need to look up the answer just don't post it.

I will likely change this initial post to update rules and such.
    Last edited by TopJimmy99; 02-28-2011 at 11:36 PM.

First Riddle:

You're traveling and reach a fork in the road with a house sitting between the split streets. One street leads to heaven and the other leads to hell. There's a sign out front that says;

'Two sisters live here
    One always lies and one always tells the truth
    But you may only ask one question.'

You go up and knock on the door. You obviously want to be directed towards heaven, so which single question do you ask that will invariably point you in the right direction?

Banned
    "Which road would your sister say leads to heaven?" Then do exactly the opposite.

Edited by TopJimmy99:
    Since I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to do spoilers on this forum, highlight the area above this text to reveal the answer if you can't figure it out or if you like to cheat.
    Last edited by TopJimmy99; 02-28-2011 at 11:44 PM.

Yeah you got it right. If you don't mind though, I'm going to try to figure out how to make a spoiler so people can try and figure it out.

Banned
    Ahh yeah true... I <3 riddles lolz

Done, and good job. I always liked that one, and if you have any feel free to post the next one.

Here's another, I remember this one but to save the time of typing it out I'm copying and pasting it.

There are three light bulbs in a room, and three light switches outside the room. You are outside, and want to match up which switch goes with which light bulb. You can only travel into the room once, and cannot come back in again. You can do anything you want upon entering the room. How can you set the situation so that you will know which switch goes with which light bulb?

PokerOwned Pro
    this is kinda lame lol but im just posting for my points

turn one switch and leave it on, turn second switch, leave it on for a min. then turn it off, and leave the third switch off.
    ON first switch
    OFF (warm) second switch
    OFF (cold) third switch. i think this is right answer.. this riddle is really old, do i rememberd it

Master Sergeant
    haha nice answer kohorton haha that would work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast