Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70884.01

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Moderator

Farewell to Poker Owned

It's been fun guys. I never lasted this long in a poker community before, and it was my default place to log into as soon as I turned on my computer. However, shortly after being promoted to a mod, which I was highly flattered with, I felt that I had a responsibility to the community. Zab is highly lenient on many users here, which I admire, because I personally wouldn't have the patience to deal with many of the people he's had to deal with, and give them so many chances. However, there are certain users that frankly, people hate to deal with. I feel like as a mod, I should at least attempt to start a discussion on which users in this community should be banished. But after such efforts, unless you're doing something so Black & White like cheating, stealing passwords, etc., it seems you can get away with almost anything. I disagree with the philosophy of "everyone is welcome." In communities, I think the "greater good" philosophy is much better. A rotten apple can easily spoil the bunch. Also, if you are thinking about growth, you don't want to keep trouble makers who might turn away new people. There's also other reasons why I'm leaving. I know there are a lot of scammers, and it's partly the nice people's faults for loaning points to people they don't trust, but even the ones you think you could trust do not pay back in a timely manner. I just kind of got sick of everything I was seeing. Friends using friends to their own benefit, and acting selfishly. Maybe if I weren't a mod, I would have lasted longer, but all this takes a toll at some point. Being a mod and forcing myself to have a broader scope in the community, that toll just came quicker. Thanks again Zab for all you have done. You definitely work hard to give us everything here, not to mention all the free money we've won. Thank you friends for the company. I guess thank you to my non-friends for relieving me of my gambling addiction. The upside to this is less time from my day doing poker related things, lol.

Many people might think I'm just super-sensitive, or acting girly. Well..... ok.

I am sorry Bees and I wish you all the best of luck. I didn't really get to know you very well, but you seem like a real stand up person.
    Good luck!

Banned
    OK,bye bye now!!

Elite PokerOwned Member dipstick2's Avatar
    bees i do not know yu well but i thought yu do a great service to all of us yu will be missed
    win if yu can but always play fair

Elite PokerOwned Member
    I feel your pain, BEES, It's the nature of this beast though.

Combine Poker, Gambling, Chat, and Money, and this is what you get.

By no means could this ever be a true safe community without, Harsly Intensive 24 hour Moderateration, with concrete rules.

And its not gonna happen here,

Most are here to take whatever they can get there hands on,

Others are clean cut and know how to stay away from them.

But, it is what it is.

cya bees you won't be missed

PokerOwned God
    Good luck where ever you go Bees ... you raised some valid points there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeesKnees View Post
    It's been fun guys. I never lasted this long in a poker community before, and it was my default place to log into as soon as I turned on my computer. However, shortly after being promoted to a mod, which I was highly flattered with, I felt that I had a responsibility to the community. Zab is highly lenient on many users here, which I admire, because I personally wouldn't have the patience to deal with many of the people he's had to deal with, and give them so many chances. However, there are certain users that frankly, people hate to deal with. I feel like as a mod, I should at least attempt to start a discussion on which users in this community should be banished. But after such efforts, unless you're doing something so Black & White like cheating, stealing passwords, etc., it seems you can get away with almost anything. I disagree with the philosophy of "everyone is welcome." In communities, I think the "greater good" philosophy is much better. A rotten apple can easily spoil the bunch. Also, if you are thinking about growth, you don't want to keep trouble makers who might turn away new people. There's also other reasons why I'm leaving. I know there are a lot of scammers, and it's partly the nice people's faults for loaning points to people they don't trust, but even the ones you think you could trust do not pay back in a timely manner. I just kind of got sick of everything I was seeing. Friends using friends to their own benefit, and acting selfishly. Maybe if I weren't a mod, I would have lasted longer, but all this takes a toll at some point. Being a mod and forcing myself to have a broader scope in the community, that toll just came quicker. Thanks again Zab for all you have done. You definitely work hard to give us everything here, not to mention all the free money we've won. Thank you friends for the company. I guess thank you to my non-friends for relieving me of my gambling addiction. The upside to this is less time from my day doing poker related things, lol.

Many people might think I'm just super-sensitive, or acting girly. Well..... ok.
    I totally agree with you on your points. I for one am getting tired of the childish rants and the personal attacks between members. Also all the foul language that is being typed. We are not in high school we are adults. I have PMed Zab my concerns and members in this community who are doing zilch for this forum. I feel for the new members that have to see all the drama that goes on in the chatbox. I hope maybe you reconsider Bees for their are good peeps here. Might have to steer away from observing the chat box though. Take care

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

PokerOwned Master
    take it easy bee and were glad we had ya that long... good luck

gl beees. u know i was always ur firend and supportive of u,here, so hope u work out whateveres goin on really, i dont know what u blew up so b ad,, wehn i tried to just talk to u tnite,tho. thoght i was helpin, but u got alll worked up more. i dunnooo.. so hope it all works out for u tho,, in future.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast