Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61944.4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fot Memorial day :))

ON my recent trip to NJ to visit my mom,, i found 2 pics of my dad from WWII, in the pacific, where he was on the Mariannnas islands for almost 3 years ..HE was a mechaninc, whose job it was to go up in the planes, and listen for the bad noises and go back and then work on the planes. i wish i had listenend to his stories more, wh en I was younger lol,but since he died a few years ago, at age 91,, i have a better appreciation for th em now, that i,m older too H e never had any fond memories of the army, and never liked any military things after that either,, AND he had a bad fear of flying in big planes, alw asy afraid he would hear noises that would be bad and scare him.when i moved from NJ to san francisco, a long time ago,, he had to start flying more, but eventually he got kind of used to i think LOL:BUT he would always tell me where to sit, like dont sit in the front, dont sit way in the back, sit behind the wing, etc LOL.HE also only felt MORE secure in little small planes, which made no sense to me, casue i was more afraid to small on any smaller plane, but he felt the pilot was more in charge then of the whole plane himself. HIs one other story, which he told me, was how his commanding officers "Lost" him for 6 weeks once. lol,.. and he wasnt happy bout that. They had sent him to another island nearby with parts for planes, and were supoosed to come pick him up the next AM> instead, noone came back, and they didnt know where he was supposed to go, so he lived in a tent with otherr soldiers there, that he didnt know for 6 weeks, till someone came back for him then. HE was not fond of this episode at all tho too.It didint sound that bad to me at th e time,, but he said it was not a good experience tho . OK< wel l i just thoight i would post these pics, in his honor for memorial day, and hope u guys enjoy seeing them too ricki P.s. MY dad was never as skinny as he was in the one pic by his plane LOL

Nice pics, I grew up a Military brat myself, so i know all about the stories that our men and women fighting for our freedom have. So make sure you give a shout out to all of our Vetrans.
    A bad attitude is just like a car with a flat tire, "You aren't going anywhere unless you change it."

Elite PokerOwned Member bishking's Avatar
    Memorial Day, originally called Decoration Day, is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service.
    Rrickir nice dedication in honor of your father for Memorial Day.

M410R4L

Elite PokerOwned Member
    happy memorial day weekend all!!!!

PokerOwned God
    nice stories and pics ... thanks for sharing that

Quote Originally Posted by AryAlton View Post
    Nice pics, I grew up a Military brat myself, so i know all about the stories that our men and women fighting for our freedom have. So make sure you give a shout out to all of our Vetrans.
    TY i wa snt a m ilitary brat tho, LOL, my dad was out of the army tho,, long before i was even born)and he didi not remmeber it fondly tho too,, heheh.. ok well have a good memorial day to all too)

wow, very nice story. Thanks for sharing. Happy Memorial Day

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

PokerOwned God
    Thanks for sharing the pics, very nice. You should be proud.

What an awesome pic rrickir. My grandfather was in WW2 as well and his group ended up getting shot up pretty good. He could not move from his injuries and said it was the worst feeling when another troop went through to gather the infured, and rolled him over and said this one is dead, and he could not say anything or move. Thank god they came back through to grab the bodies shortly after and realized he was warm. He made a good recovery, however working in the steel mills in Pittsburgh did him in, he got severe lung cancer.

He did bring back an awesome souvenier from one of Hitler's trains. They thought he was to be on it, but he wasn't so everyone was grabbing his wine and other valuables, my grandfather grabbed this awesome (I think it is pewter, it is heavy) Eagle with its wings out holding a swasticka. We can't display it of course but have it as a memory of him, with his flag.

Happy memorial day and here is to remembering our Heros!
    Last edited by Poof; 05-28-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast