Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63782.05

Experienced Member

duels from the 1700s-1800s

whats ur thoughts of the pistol duels from the 1700s-1800s
    mine are it was a thing of honor when 2 men decided enough is enough 1 laid out a challenge and the other accepted they then dueled i know in America it is 100% still legal if both party's agreed if there is a law that has passed against it then it is against the law of America under the constitution and your amendments it is our liberty and our common defense and 2nd amendment

Elite PokerOwned Member wykydsceptre's Avatar
    The history of duels is as follows.. First off is the "fisticuffs", followed of course by pistols, grenades, and the like.. THEN gentlemen settled their scores by POKER!! Now pistols are only used to shoot ones-self when sucked -out upon @ carbon!

Experienced Member
    lol you forgot to mention the blade aka sword or knife

You're romanticizing it - I suspect that 90% of the time it had less to do with honor and more to do with financial or power gain of some sort. And, no, it is not legal. Mutually agreed-upon homicide is still homicide. It is not constitutionally protected... "common defense"???? That doesn't even relate, in any way whatsoever, to the concept of dueling with pistols.

JHC on a crutch...

PokerOwned Veteran PursuitofPlay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HopsnBarley28 View Post
    You're romanticizing it - I suspect that 90% of the time it had less to do with honor and more to do with financial or power gain of some sort. And, no, it is not legal. Mutually agreed-upon homicide is still homicide. It is not constitutionally protected... "common defense"???? That doesn't even relate, in any way whatsoever, to the concept of dueling with pistols.

JHC on a crutch...
    I gotta agree with Hops on this one. Also seems more on the side of an ultimate pissing contest rather than something noble.

t1t
    real men fight with fists. I don't see how fighting with guns is the "macho" thing to do. Seems cowardly to me but thats my opinion I suppose.