Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66796.35

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bounties

TON is Gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichMan View Post
    I asked Zab once " How many disclaimers in a bounty is too many for us to sticky?" and he answered "7" ... which I took as sarcasm, meaning there should not be any.
    The truth is, I agree. That being said, what I have seen though is that the unstructured system that exists works pretty good.

It has been indicated that ONE person created this mess (sort of). WHY hit everyone with a hammer, when there is only one nail sticking out of the box?
    TON is GONE. Blame the Mods. They stopped caring, or at least that's how it looks and feels.

Quote Originally Posted by TONelson View Post
    As I said earlier, since bounties without stipulations can not be effectively stopped, and since only SIMPLE bounties (less common by my experience), then un-stickied bounties with stipulations will become the norm (assuming people don't spam the boards). This will lead to a greater number of untracked bounties. Do you really think the people who bitch about not getting their points will care weather you stickied the bounties or not? Of course not. The more bounties that are sanctioned, the more FORCE the MODS have in arbitrating them.

Questions: How often does it happen that someone refuses to pay a bounty with stipulations?

Out of how many stipulated bounties on average?
    We arent trying to stop stipulations. I never once said that. What we are doing is distancing ourselves from them so that it is clear they have nothing to do with us.

The majority of user bounties are placed by people who get knocked out as revenge and dont have any stipulations. The main issue is the bounties that stem from LLB's where people offer bounties on their LLB opponents, but only if they are still in tourney when the person in KO'd.

I dont have the exact number of people who refuse to play, but at a time it did cause some issues and we have basically stopped stickying them since (Yes a few have been stickied since) and the issues have dissappeared.

So in summary, since we initially stopped stickying the stipulations drama has decreased, and now with this thread the aim is to stop the drama wrt people complaining why we wont sticky a bounty.

I understand your concerns but atm its all theories of what might happen. What we are doing is something to solve issues that are already happening. If things go badly we can always reconsider.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    got my first bounty that i collected the other day, now i player tag bounty players with an X so i kmow to collect

TON is Gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by treeman69 View Post
    got my first bounty that i collected the other day, now i player tag bounty players with an X so i kmow to collect
    Well good for you.

Never waste time actually reading a thread before posting in it. The 5 points are far more importent then NOT derailing an (albeit rare) importent discusion.

*smh*
    TON is GONE. Blame the Mods. They stopped caring, or at least that's how it looks and feels.

what is bounties?

what is bounties?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by janpoker View Post
    what is bounties?
    When PO members get paid a certain amount of PO points for knocking a certain player out of a tourney

PokerOwned Pro
    When PO members get paid a certain amount of PO points for knocking a certain player out of a tourney

500 on lilg

Quote Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
    From now on if someone wants to make a bounty it has to be simple. NO STIPULATIONS

example= 100 Point Bounty on 7PiedPiper7

see simple, no more stipulations. It causes to much cunfusion and disrupts the chat.

Thank you

Just to remove any MORE confusion, Dman is referring to members wanting a mod to sticky a bounty. NOT to any and all bountys members want to do on their own.
    22:52 <onehotdame> pull my finger
    02:51 <onehotdame> ill miss u when u go
    14:53 <onehotdame> gotta callthePOD people
    12/17/2014 16:29 <onehotdame> your a bit of an ass when yo high

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234