Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62954.01

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bounties

The problem that arises with bounties having stipulations is that even if someone doesnt complete all the stipulations they still look for the bounty to be paid. The person who set the bounty wont pay in this spot, and because it was stickied all the anger/abuse about getting the bounty is directed at mods.

It is just an avoidable headache if we just blanket ban any bounties with stipulations. Of course people are still allowed to post in chat if they want to have a bounty with stipulations but it wont be stickied, and if the person spams said bounty to keep it on the screen they will likely get a chat ban.

still never been an issue when common sense has been applied ive not seen any of the above issues u have mentioned be problems because the stipulations have always been minimal
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

Yeah thats a valid point, unfortunately some people/person took it too far and we are forced to do this now.

Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    Yeah thats a valid point, unfortunately some people/person took it too far and we are forced to do this now.
    again proving my point...one fucking idiot moron ruining it all for the rest of us...the problem isnt the stipulations they have never been an issue...the problem is that fucktard trolling again

TON is Gone.
    Has it occured to the MODS here that they can't really do ANYTHING to stop bounties with insain stipulations? After all if Sharking makes one of his classic memes and only reposts when the bounty post falls of the chat board he would not really be spamming. Making an unenforceable rule is asking for more trouble then the problem it was trying to fix in my books.

Azreal is right (cringe), MODS exercising good judgement with exisiting rules makes MUCH more sense. If someone DOES not like it, they can complain to ZAB after their ban is lifted.
    TON is GONE. Blame the Mods. They stopped caring, or at least that's how it looks and feels.

Quote Originally Posted by TONelson View Post
    Has it occured to the MODS here that they can't really do ANYTHING to stop bounties with insain stipulations? After all if Sharking makes one of his classic memes and only reposts when the bounty post falls of the chat board he would not really be spamming. Making an unenforceable rule is asking for more trouble then the problem it was trying to fix in my books.

Azreal is right (cringe), MODS exercising good judgement with exisiting rules makes MUCH more sense. If someone DOES not like it, they can complain to ZAB aftyer their ban is lifted.
    there not saying they are stopping them...they are just saying that they wont sticky the ones with stipulations thus making it harder to be seen by people and essentially cutting them out

TON is Gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by azreal1 View Post
    there not saying they are stopping them...they are just saying that they wont sticky the ones with stipulations thus making it harder to be seen by people and essentially cutting them out
    Not exactly.....

Quote Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
    From now on if someone wants to make a bounty it has to be simple. NO STIPULATIONS

example= 100 Point Bounty on 7PiedPiper7

see simple, no more stipulations. It causes to much cinfusion and disrupts the chat.

Thank you
    My point is simple..... the MODS actualy have no say in user posted bounties, only in user behaviour. Users can post any bounty they want as long as they don't spam the boards with them. Moderate the behaviour and enforce common sense.
    TON is GONE. Blame the Mods. They stopped caring, or at least that's how it looks and feels.

But we wont sticky any that have stipulations. When it is stickied people take for granted that its legit, that is why if there is a stipulation that isnt met people still want to get paid. By not stickying it we just dis-associate the site from the bounty so people are fully aware it has nothing to do with us.

I mentioned above that people are free to offer whatever bounty they want with whatever stipulations they want, just that they wont be stickied and if they are spammed to keep in main chat they will face the same punishment that other spammers do.

TON is Gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawney View Post
    But we wont sticky any that have stipulations. When it is stickied people take for granted that its legit, that is why if there is a stipulation that isnt met people still want to get paid. By not stickying it we just dis-associate the site from the bounty so people are fully aware it has nothing to do with us.

I mentioned above that people are free to offer whatever bounty they want with whatever stipulations they want, just that they wont be stickied and if they are spammed to keep in main chat they will face the same punishment that other spammers do.
    Then Bounties NOT being stickied will become the NORM Prawny. In essence what you are doing here is taking a problem that CAN be controlled and making it one that CAN NOT. You will end up with more drama, not less.

BESIDES the above, what you are saying IS NOT what the DRYWALLMAN says in his decree. "From now on if someone wants to make a bounty it has to be simple. NO STIPULATIONS". Nothing is said about what will or will not be stickied.

It sounds to me like the MODS did NOT get together and decide a course of action here. It sounds like THEY should. I strongly recommend they be both more CLEAR in what the actual rule is, AND not create a rule that abdicates their own responsibilities in the first place.

Though I don't agree with how Azreal said it, he nevertheless nailed it. The rules were fine as they were. All that is needed is for MODS to me be firm.
    Last edited by TONelson; 01-26-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TONelson View Post
    Then Bounties NOT being stickied will become the NORM Prawny. In essence what you are doing here is taking a problem that CAN be controlled and making it one that CAN NOT. You will end up with more drama, not less.
    You are totally disregarding the issue that has lead to this. Ill try again. When we sticky a bounty with a stipulation and the person who KO's the dude doesnt meet the stipulation the person who set the bounty wont pay up. Of course you would think that this is the end of it and we move on.

Unfortunately i can tell you from experience that the person who is trying to claim the bounty then moves onto the mods, pm'ing us non stop about wanting the points and how the site advertised it so has to pay up. No matter how many times we say we didnt set the bounty and that they didnt meet the stipulations they just dont listen and continue to ask us over and over to pay the bounty.

By refusing to sticky bounties with stipulations it does 2 things for us. 1) It removes the situation i described above, and 2) It saves us from having a debate in chat with someone who wants us to sticky a bounty with stipulations. We dont have to explain our situation on it every time someone wants a sticky.

The idea behind this isnt to control any situation, its simply so we dont get caught up in the middle of bounties gone wrong due to stipulations. If people want to make threads for their bounties or post them in chat that is fine, we are not trying to eliminate stipulations, we just dont want to be seen as liable for them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast