Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70781.62

Thread: Big Black Horse

Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar

Big Black Horse

I feel like bragging just a bit...this fella is a very special animal. Rescued from a farm not far from where I live, almost 150 pounds underweight, about 5 years ago. The conditions of the farm/paddock actually made me puke but thankfully, we were able to get him back to good health and good weight with minimal cost and a lot of help from others. Unfortunately, we were not able to afford to take anymore of the 6 horses found neglected on this farm...3 were euthanized and the other 2 (mare and her one year old filly) were thankfully placed to good people. Of course, there is far more to the story...this is one of our successes in the making.

Dressage and Show Jumping.and random 022.jpg

Seasoned Veteran
    beautiful animal, how many hands is he
    The boogy man is real... and you found'm

Quote Originally Posted by shellabella View Post
    I feel like bragging just a bit...this fella is a very special animal. Rescued from a farm not far from where I live, almost 150 pounds underweight, about 5 years ago. The conditions of the farm/paddock actually made me puke but thankfully, we were able to get him back to good health and good weight with minimal cost and a lot of help from others. Unfortunately, we were not able to afford to take anymore of the 6 horses found neglected on this farm...3 were euthanized and the other 2 (mare and her one year old filly) were thankfully placed to good people. Of course, there is far more to the story...this is one of our successes in the making.

Dressage and Show Jumping.and random 022.jpg
    Glad you rescued him. It is terrible when people abuse animals. Congrats on the new horse.

Quote Originally Posted by ImArAdIcAl View Post
    beautiful animal, how many hands is he
    He is 17 hh. This picture was taken at his first dressage show with my daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by sickread23 View Post
    Glad you rescued him. It is terrible when people abuse animals. Congrats on the new horse.
    I agree..it is terrible. A lot of unwell people in this small world, unfortunately(as I sit here watching Band of Brothers) and thank you for the congrats.

It is a beatiful and wonderful job you doing here shella, this buddies helped us a lot through all human development history, they, and all the other animals that share this little planet with us deserve plenty of our respect.

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

Quote Originally Posted by Swittie View Post
    It is a beatiful and wonderful job you doing here shella, this buddies helped us a lot through all human development history, they, and all the other animals that share this little planet with us deserve plenty of our respect.
    You are so right, Swittie. Animals also have this calming effect on people, as well.

PokerOwned Master
    Looks awesome shells....nicely collected and very poised under saddle. Nice to see other peoples' neglect hasn't held him back. Great job and keep riding!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDignified View Post
    Looks awesome shells....nicely collected and very poised under saddle. Nice to see other peoples' neglect hasn't held him back. Great job and keep riding!
    It helps that my daughter knows how to ride, too..lol..and I wish you could see him move, just beautiful. I wish you could see him jump too..unfortunately, he jumps everything like it's Mount Everest (slight exaggeration). I learned a lot about movement and balance through competitions with the dogs. Sure did come in handy when my daughter started with riding lessons but I think she was/is one of these natural equestrians, anyway.

PokerOwned God
    well this warms my heart how people can neglect and abuse animals is beyong me and heart warming to see you help