Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,269

BTC Rate: $10052.94

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Big Black Horse

  1. #1
    Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    757

    Big Black Horse

    I feel like bragging just a bit...this fella is a very special animal. Rescued from a farm not far from where I live, almost 150 pounds underweight, about 5 years ago. The conditions of the farm/paddock actually made me puke but thankfully, we were able to get him back to good health and good weight with minimal cost and a lot of help from others. Unfortunately, we were not able to afford to take anymore of the 6 horses found neglected on this farm...3 were euthanized and the other 2 (mare and her one year old filly) were thankfully placed to good people. Of course, there is far more to the story...this is one of our successes in the making.

    Dressage and Show Jumping.and random 022.jpg

  2. #2
    Seasoned Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    26
    beautiful animal, how many hands is he
    The boogy man is real... and you found'm

  3. #3
    Team PO Pro sickread23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,683
    Quote Originally Posted by shellabella View Post
    I feel like bragging just a bit...this fella is a very special animal. Rescued from a farm not far from where I live, almost 150 pounds underweight, about 5 years ago. The conditions of the farm/paddock actually made me puke but thankfully, we were able to get him back to good health and good weight with minimal cost and a lot of help from others. Unfortunately, we were not able to afford to take anymore of the 6 horses found neglected on this farm...3 were euthanized and the other 2 (mare and her one year old filly) were thankfully placed to good people. Of course, there is far more to the story...this is one of our successes in the making.

    Dressage and Show Jumping.and random 022.jpg
    Glad you rescued him. It is terrible when people abuse animals. Congrats on the new horse.

  4. #4
    Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by ImArAdIcAl View Post
    beautiful animal, how many hands is he
    He is 17 hh. This picture was taken at his first dressage show with my daughter.

  5. #5
    Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by sickread23 View Post
    Glad you rescued him. It is terrible when people abuse animals. Congrats on the new horse.
    I agree..it is terrible. A lot of unwell people in this small world, unfortunately(as I sit here watching Band of Brothers) and thank you for the congrats.

  6. #6
    PokerOwned God Swittie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,788
    It is a beatiful and wonderful job you doing here shella, this buddies helped us a lot through all human development history, they, and all the other animals that share this little planet with us deserve plenty of our respect.


    In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

  7. #7
    Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by Swittie View Post
    It is a beatiful and wonderful job you doing here shella, this buddies helped us a lot through all human development history, they, and all the other animals that share this little planet with us deserve plenty of our respect.
    You are so right, Swittie. Animals also have this calming effect on people, as well.

  8. #8
    PokerOwned Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    357
    Looks awesome shells....nicely collected and very poised under saddle. Nice to see other peoples' neglect hasn't held him back. Great job and keep riding!

  9. #9
    Elite PokerOwned Member shellabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDignified View Post
    Looks awesome shells....nicely collected and very poised under saddle. Nice to see other peoples' neglect hasn't held him back. Great job and keep riding!
    It helps that my daughter knows how to ride, too..lol..and I wish you could see him move, just beautiful. I wish you could see him jump too..unfortunately, he jumps everything like it's Mount Everest (slight exaggeration). I learned a lot about movement and balance through competitions with the dogs. Sure did come in handy when my daughter started with riding lessons but I think she was/is one of these natural equestrians, anyway.

  10. #10
    PokerOwned God
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,501
    well this warms my heart how people can neglect and abuse animals is beyong me and heart warming to see you help

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •