Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70884.01

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PokerOwned Demi-God

background check question

just have a quick question is the background check IP feature flawed? i searched a persons name and saw that there was like 10 accounts linked to that IP, well i wanted to see if the points earned section was a total of all the accounts or just the points earned for that particular account so i searched another one of the usernames in the list and while the points were different as i thought i noticed that when i searched that username it actually showed more usernames than the previous search, how is that possible if it is supposed to show all the names linked to that ip? why didnt the additional usernames that showed on the second search show on the first? i thought there was an outside possibility that the person was making the usernames while i was doing the search so i searched the original name again, and the additional games again were not listed, im not complaining or anything im just curious as to what is going on. maybe im missing something simple or maybe there is a flaw and i am just trying to draw attention to it.
    Last edited by nab76; 12-02-2013 at 12:11 PM.

interesting, ya i think all linked names should be coming up when searched no matter which multi-account used hmm food 4 thought maybe u r tripping the one i search did it right
    Last edited by potfan42o; 12-02-2013 at 12:13 PM.
    <StephyMarieC> erik!!!!! yay you've always been one of my favorites hehe <scorcher863> i kinda want to smoke some meth, then play poker for like 3 days straight

The points are earned for each individual account. It is not uncommon for anyone to have more than one ip, and they are usually similar unless if you are logging in from a different location. Some names can get attached to one ip address and not the other as a few of the numbers are different.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by PooffyFooffy View Post
    The points are earned for each individual account. It is not uncommon for anyone to have more than one ip, and they are usually similar unless if you are logging in from a different location. Some names can get attached to one ip address and not the other as a few of the numbers are different.
    that doesnt make sense because the other names in the list show up in both meaning they have the same IP.
    let me give an example i have another username from when i first signed up its jwoods1900 so lets say when i search nab76, that jwood1900 shows up as one of the other accounts linked to the same IP, but then when i search jwoods1900, nab76 and playerX shows up. if jwoods1900 shows up under nab76 that means that those 2 accounts have the same IP therefor nab76 and playerX also must have the same IP. so why wouldnt playerX also show when i search nab76?

Quote Originally Posted by nab76 View Post
    that doesnt make sense because the other names in the list show up in both meaning they have the same IP.
    let me give an example i have another username from when i first signed up its jwoods1900 so lets say when i search nab76, that jwood1900 shows up as one of the other accounts linked to the same IP, but then when i search jwoods1900, nab76 and playerX shows up. if jwoods1900 shows up under nab76 that means that those 2 accounts have the same IP therefor nab76 and playerX also must have the same IP. so why wouldnt playerX also show when i search nab76?
    Names get linked two different ways, via same registration IP and also by IP used when posting in the forum. It's possible for different names to get linked differently depending on which IP you are on. If a person was always on the same IP from the point they registered and with every forum post they made....then every single name would show up in 1 search. But the example you are giving identifies that at least a few IPs are involved and not linked to every single name.

There's IP software that narrows it down to city/state as opposed to just a number - if the goal is to check is someone has a history for scams and you know they are from the same area...

Elite PokerOwned Member onehotdame's Avatar
    even I can access other ip addresses ~but i dont ~ where thesa will theresa way ! CHEATERS will CHEAT..
    <Poof> I only want to kick those chickens that beat up the rooster

PokerOwned Master
    cheaters gonna cheat, liars gonna lie, spazzers gonna spazz

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by forgianiiii View Post
    i have doing a backroundd!
    and a first grade reading/writing level?
    Quote Originally Posted by expectss View Post
    i have some backround check!
    good second post bud.. we all have leftovers from turkey day
    Quote Originally Posted by squid300 View Post
    cheaters gonna cheat, liars gonna lie, spazzers gonna spazz
    and haterz gonna hate!
    Quote Originally Posted by giandi View Post
    let me know when is the backround check!
    umm...

wow lol surprised this ? isn't taken more seriously, best way for members to self protect themselves without assistance. To answer this (speaking on tech that i know of, PO may have a different script, but vBulletins options would be under this) basically just need to understand the script would check the database for any matching ips through a simple 1 level data match search (this number member a = this number member b then print member a+b in display). It cannot do multi level search, too server intensive (ie cant say if member a = member b then search member b to member c d and e, then matching those will search f g etc), this would bog down the system. There is a way with a cron task (once a night) but this would require adding more info to each account, might be size restrictive or wasteful use of database space.

tl;dr version: when you find a match, check that member out, and keep digging, or decide too many matches= too big risk. Up to you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast