Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70929.94

PokerOwned Moderator

Anyone own a record player / turn table?

I've always heard the debate about digital vs analog sound, and just wondering if anyone thinks owning a record player is worth it. Don't want to start an argument here, lol. In my opinion, if you're willing to pay thousands in a sound system, digital wins hands down, especially if you're listening to dvd audio, but for people on a budget, how rich is listening to vinyl? I'm too used to mp3s so I obviously am satisfied with close to CD quality audio. Also, I like indie rock. I'm assuming this genre is decent on vinyl. Only crappy thing is that it's hard to find new music on vinyl, and don't listen to much older stuff, but would love to here recommendations and go visit a shop that sells used vinyl. Right now, I'm listening to Ingrid Michaelson's three albums. Love them!

PokerOwned God
    I don't know if indie rock means the same thing to me as it does to you. Anyways, your thread on turntables and indie music instantly made me think of Beck and his song Where it's at. "I've got two turn tables and a microphone". 90's indie stuff

YouTube - ‪Beck - Where It's At‬‏

PokerOwned Moderator
    How much do you think one should spend on a decent turn table? Any speaker recommendations?

PokerOwned Veteran
    original song is done by jonny lee hooker.............beck has some grt songs..............listen to the song "asshole".............it grew on me

get the nicer sound system and then toy around with the http://www.vvinyl.com/..............saw the cramps on this site wish i had that one back................good luck Bees

PokerOwned Veteran
    jack white has gone on record saying " part of the love affair with music is gone because you cant hold an mp3 in your hands" then he went on to say he understands the portability aspect of it.

PokerOwned Veteran
    How much do you think one should spend on a decent turn table? Any speaker recommendations?

Knight
    I hear they are making a comeback with the hipsters.

PokerOwned Pro
    I own a CDJ 100 set with technics and a Vinyl system aswell. you name it i play it.