Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62790.39

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Corporal

100 hands experiment

So, yesterday I was bored and decided to conduct a little experiment. I shuffled the deck and drew 2 cards. I did this 100 times.

It took me 50 hands to get QQ and 73 to get AA. If you play uber tight, that's a boring session.

All toll I got about 15 playable hands.

Here's an interesting thing I also discovered. If you play any Ace you get, it could degrade your game by as much as 10%.

Add in any suited cards with that, and you're looking at a 15% leak.

Try it out, it's a fun experiment.

PokerOwned God
    I've done similar things with a deck of cards when bored ... thing you need to remember though is 100 hands is way too small of a sample to be reliable.

You got QQ 1 out of 100 and you got AA 1 out of 100. Statistically you should get those hands about 1 out of 220 if your sample size is big enough.

PokerOwned God
    Interesting - did you play the hands out at all and see flop turn and river

PokerOwned Moderator CloudyMinded's Avatar
    hmm...interesting...

Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar
    Interesting thread, but not a reliable number for statistics. too small of a sample
    "Power is my mistress. I have worked too hard at her conquest to allow anyone to take her away from me." - Napoléon Bonaparte

Banned
    i have done stuff like this too, when you are bored, cards are always good. just for the research or info.

PokerOwned God
    Thanks for the information. Gotta admit, I've never been bored enough to do this, lol.

I rather play Poker than sitting and shuffle my deck and see what kind of hand I'm getting.
    PokerStars: ProBlackbird | Betsson: ProBlackbird | Party Poker: UnknownFlush

PokerOwned Master
    interesting thread but I don't think this can count as a statistic but it's good info

yeah i agree, your sample was too small. i have done the same thing and i only got to 175 hands and that was too small also. it takes a long time to do this and play a desent amount of hands.
    A bad attitude is just like a car with a flat tire, "You aren't going anywhere unless you change it."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast