Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $69653.74

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Zab - Your rake on tourneys is ridiculous and I'm pissed

NINETY PERCENT RAKE on the client tourneys is complete bullshit. You're making up well over half of your "value added" by just raking the hell out of us. When you started these tourneys it was 10% rake, 90% of the buyins went to the prize pool. Now 90% of the buy in goes to you!!!

In all honesty, the higher the rake goes, the less value PO has for me. The less value PO has for me, the less I will participate.

Bottom line - Don't piss on me and tell me it's raining.
    I'm gonna give that bitch a freeroll, bitches love freerolls.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

This tournament was 125 (30 + 95) with 3000 added on. 3000 + 30 * 17 players = 3510 in the pot.

If he did 10% rake it would be (115 + 10 approximately) with 0 added on. 0 + 17 * 115 = 1955 in the pot.

Ill stick with the 1st one.

Best Poets of All time<br/>
    <br/>
    https://www.facebook.com/KenLWayt/

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Survey Master
    um lol. don't play then?
    Always Buying/Selling Points/PayPal/BCP/ACR/GDMP/Amazon/SWC/Bitcoin/etc. Bubble or PM me!
    Interested in how to make some additional Points or Poker $? Contact me!

A No. 1
    do your math rghy2

Experienced Member
    Quick question: Can I piss on you and tell you it is indeed piss? Would that be acceptable? Plz inbox me if interested >;D
    In the eyes of a ranger, the unsuspecting stranger had better know the truth of wrong from right.
    Cause the eyes of the ranger are upon you...

Quote Originally Posted by rivdee View Post
    This tournament was 125 (30 + 95) with 3000 added on. 3000 + 30 * 17 players = 3510 in the pot.

If he did 10% rake it would be (115 + 10 approximately) with 0 added on. 0 + 17 * 115 = 1955 in the pot.

Ill stick with the 1st one.
    There is still an overlay, but the prizepool is about 1/3 less than when these games started. 3k added to 10% rake is 3k added value. 3k added to 90% rake is roughly 1k added value over what the prizepool was worth a few weeks ago. It's marketing bait and switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsue214 View Post
    um lol. don't play then?
    That's the point of this thread. I'm not ready to leave PO, but this is pushing me one step closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Iznotatumah View Post
    Quick question: Can I piss on you and tell you it is indeed piss? Would that be acceptable? Plz inbox me if interested >;D
    How many points you got?
    I'm gonna give that bitch a freeroll, bitches love freerolls.

Quote Originally Posted by rghy2 View Post
    There is still an overlay, but the prizepool is about 1/3 less than when these games started. 3k added to 10% rake is 3k added value. 3k added to 90% rake is roughly 1k added value over what the prizepool was worth a few weeks ago. It's marketing bait and switch.
    When he first put this tournaments out he got really low numbers and was losing pts on the deal. It's been trial and error (the numbers are still really low for these).

125 pts to win 1444 in a 17 person tournament is still really good value.

Best Poets of All time<br/>
    <br/>
    https://www.facebook.com/KenLWayt/

PokerOwned Demi-God
    There is truth to what RGHY is saying in that the added points in these tournaments, isn't a true number. To be a true 3000 point added tournament there would have to be 3000 points added to the prize pool on top of what might be considered acceptable rake. So lets say the buy in to a tourney is 30 points, the average amount of rake charged would be about 3 points. So if the tourney was 30+3 with 3000 points added, I would say that is a true 3k added tourney. The way it is now we are paying 30+95 so every person paying the buy in is paying 92 points more than what is considered normal rake for online tourneys. so 3000/92=32.6 so if more than 32 people played in this zab wouldn't actually be adding anything himself, it would all be made up for in the crazy rake he is charging.
    lilg97: sup
    Me: nm u?
    lilg97: nada bored
    lilg97: tryna find some folsk to menot r cant fin dnon eSad

Banned
    rake is evil.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by rivdee View Post
    When he first put this tournaments out he got really low numbers and was losing pts on the deal. It's been trial and error (the numbers are still really low for these).

125 pts to win 1444 in a 17 person tournament is still really good value.
    I dont think your full understanding the point of a money added tourney. Think about it when is the only time you see these on a tourney list? pretty much exclusively to private games, Companies add money to tournaments as a way of giving back to their players, they aren't giving anything back if they make up for the added amount by marking up the rake. When you see these money added tourneys on BCP the buy-in and rake are the same the would be even if there was no money added.

Example: BCP tourney list: 6/15/2014 3pm Gottatalkpoker CHOICE $25 added. Buy in $1/.10
    Last edited by nab76; 06-15-2014 at 02:04 AM.
    lilg97: sup
    Me: nm u?
    lilg97: nada bored
    lilg97: tryna find some folsk to menot r cant fin dnon eSad

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast