Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70411.13

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

PO Rule Proposal - Eliminating Debt

So I'm just throwing this out there, if enough people agree with this perhaps Zab can implement it.

One of the problems we've had on PO is people racking up debt and either running, creating new accts, etc....but the big issue seems to be the punishment to the person in debt. I understand the perspective of giving the person time to pay off the loan (if they are at least communicating), but more often than not people just have no intention of paying the loan.

So here's an idea - if you're on the wall of shame and in default, you lose your chat til its paid; this might get people anxious to pay.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by rivdee; 06-09-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Best Poets of All time<br/>
    <br/>
    https://www.facebook.com/KenLWayt/

PokerOwned Demi-God
    My thoughtz have been clearly made....in the ticker
    Like a puzzle with no edgez. 18:12 <PooffyFooffy> I miss Zab .!. 23:49 <RaiseWinPotFold> i miss invertedafro .!.

I LIKE this idea. ANY little punishment at all, for defaulters is a good thing, to get them motivated to pay. IF they are someone, who isnt here and has run off, wont really matter. BUT there are a few people,, who mite care a little bout that.. and waht can it hurt to give defaulters a little push in right direction. altho, i know, for most of the people in default, the majority wont care bout chat at all,,, but some willll.......

TON is Gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invertedafro View Post
    My thoughtz have been clearly made....in the ticker
    LOL

As for the OP, yes I think this would be great!

I earlier today suggested to ZAB via PM the idea of having a reminder pop up every time a defaulted member logs in, and also the idea of escalating penalties. The OP could certainly be one such penalty.
    TON is GONE. Blame the Mods. They stopped caring, or at least that's how it looks and feels.

I agree, and I think it should be automatic if possible, or at least give the loaner the option. If the debtor is communicating/showing good intent let them keep it. Otherwise remove it.
    22:52 <onehotdame> pull my finger
    02:51 <onehotdame> ill miss u when u go
    14:53 <onehotdame> gotta callthePOD people
    12/17/2014 16:29 <onehotdame> your a bit of an ass when yo high

Would be nice to not have to listen to them arguing in the chat. The pop up is a good idea also, it should come with a loud and obnoxious buzzer every time it pops up saying "You have been in default for 1 hr 45 min, brzzzzz You have been in default for 2 hr, brzzzzz......."
    Rev. Christopher "The Dude" ****
    Ordained Dudeist Priest at Dudeism, the Church of the Latter-Day Dude

-- W. L. Bateman (<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

I find it humorous that MM and Ton were two of the first people to post itt. PO is quickly becoming a bunch of gossipers/tattle-tales/busy-bodies. Some of the best members here are on the Wall of Shame a fair amount. I have seen really solid members here on the WoS for a couple of months. I wonder if it makes people like Rivdee/MM/Ton Nelson feel better about themselves knowing that they aren't one of the " bad people " in debt for 2-4k in points. As a loanee, if 2-4k in points is enough to make you get your panties in a bunch, then maybe you shouldn't loan people points. I can understand if loans go unpaid for months on end, and the loan recipient has shown not to GAF, but chill out folks. Imo, there are 2-3 self-righteous people itt. Guess most of PO is just scum. Maybe some day we can aspire to your level of Jesus Christ holyness
    Last edited by sickread23; 06-09-2014 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sickread23 View Post
    I find it humorous that MM and Ton were two of the first people to post itt. PO is quickly becoming a bunch of gossipers/tattle-tales/busy-bodies. Some of the best members here are on the Wall of Shame a fair amount. I have seen really solid members here on the WoS for a couple of months. I wonder if it makes people like Rivdee/MM/Ton Nelson feel better about themselves knowing that they aren't one of the " bad people " in debt for 2-4k in points. As a loanee, if 2-4k in points is enough to make you get your panties in a bunch, then maybe you shouldn't loan people points. I can understand if loans go unpaid for months on end, and the loan recipient has shown not to GAF, but chill out folks. Imo, there are 2-3 self-righteous people itt. Guess most of PO is just scum. Maybe some day we can aspire to your level of Jesus Christ holyness
    And that's where we disagree - if you're screwing over the community time and time again, you're not a good member.

Best Poets of All time<br/>
    <br/>
    https://www.facebook.com/KenLWayt/

sickread,, i get along with u ok,,,, but NONE of that EVEN MAKES sense at all..... sounds like u are proud to be in default for a long time, and that u dont really think its even important... so u have no respect for the poeple that loaned u then.... that is not a good attitude at all, and i know i wdnt like it,,, if the people that owe me,, had ur attitude..........

As a loanee, if 2-4k in points is enough to make you get your panties in a bunch, then maybe you shouldn't loan people points. I can understand if loans go unpaid for months on end, and the loan recipient has shown not to GAF, but chill out folks.
    Get a clue. If its only a meazly amount.. PAY IT.... and obviously you have shown "not to GAF". You boast about winning 3k in the past months but cant pay an $8 loan for what 4 weeks? 5 weeks?.. A lot of good your "winnings" have done the loaner.

Can't count how many times I've seen you say "I'll get you in a couple days" to afro... and now you just said

"23:05 <sickread23> and BTW @ Afro, I just PMed you that while it may take another week-2 for me to pay you,"

That puts you in your own "months" category.

Some of us do not have to come into chat every other hand we win.. (or lose) to feel better about ourselves.. and I'm sure that makes the loaner feel great too when they see you say "I just won (or lost) $XX.xx in this or that game"..

A little empathy can go a long way.
    22:52 <onehotdame> pull my finger
    02:51 <onehotdame> ill miss u when u go
    14:53 <onehotdame> gotta callthePOD people
    12/17/2014 16:29 <onehotdame> your a bit of an ass when yo high

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast