Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63415.6

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Veteran

Reading and Studying Poker Strategy

Anyone else run into this problem... So I read Annie Duke's book on poker and now in every situation I find myself acting "how I am supposed to" or how the book tells me to. Instead of playing the way that has given me some success. I can't seem to get away from playing poker by the books now and it is costing me money. Lol

PokerOwned God
    Poker books got a bit outdated. Best way to learn is to play.

Seasoned Veteran
    hell yea I wouldnt read or watch a video of how to gotta trust your own skills " if it works dont fix it'

PokerOwned God
    experience is the best teaching i suggest you put the book down

Parlay Champion
    Playing is one of the best way to learn but I also suggest watching top players deep in tournies

You are in a transition period - reading a book by someone who is reliable will likely change your game... otherwise there would be no point in reading the book. If you actually pay attention, it will improve your game, but you are now caught between playing in a logical fashion and your earlier method, which was probably experience-modified-gut-play. The logical approach is more profitable in the long run - that does not mean playing ABC poker - a logical decision is not always math-based. Often it involves psychology, at least when you have some sense of the other players at the table.
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

PokerOwned Master
    Not everything you read is going to translate into your game. What works for the author of the book does not always work for another player. They are just offering up suggestions on how to play in certain situations. Take the material for what it is worth and if applying it does not work for you then go back to what worked for you in the past. Hope things turn around for you.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I agree, you have to find your niche...learning from another person that has had success from the game is a good way to find info

Seasoned Veteran
    disagree poker books are good base to play.. and u must play also.. but u have to do more then read to be good.. u have to put what u learned to good use

PokerOwned Veteran
    I have never read Annie's book. I have seen and liked her tips on Hi/Low Omaha on the internet.

No book should tell you what to do, if that's what it is doing, cause no book can cover every situation.

A good book will teach you to analyze the situation and make the correct decision for yourself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast