Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70746.29

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Pro

Something I find really annoying and just completely stupid to say!!

I've had people say this to me before, and i saw someone say this to another guy last night in a tourney... but when people make a huge donk play and then say hey it's only a $1 buy in... or it's only a $3 buy in... like the reason they called an all-in preflop with 9 2 os is because of the price to enter the tourney. I fail to see how the amount of money it cost to buy in makes you suddenly unable to process thought and makes you do completely random things you wouldn't normally do in a poker game. Instead of saying I act dumb because it's a low buy in, they should be saying just the opposite, I play these low buy in because I'm a stupid idiot. If it were even remotely true that low buy ins make them act stupid then why would the play in those tourneys?? It would only end up costing more money then they would win in the long run, so why would they waste their money just to act like a fool?? Wouldn't it make more sense to play larger buy ins, since apparently that would make them focus and try harder. I don't know, I guess it just makes them feel justified for not trying to better themselves.

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Good post, i like it n it makes complete n total sense. one of the better posts ive seen.

PokerOwned God
    I think that people do play looser when it is a low buy in or a free roll. At least I hope that is what I am saying, if not, then there really are a lot of fools.

Survey Master
    run into these idiots all the time. all buyins should be treated the same. you should always be focused on taking down any tourney you enter. whether its a 11c bumblebee or the 215$ sunday tourney. they all go onto your stats and will reflect whether you are a winning or losing player. may determine if you find a steady backer in the future

PokerOwned Pro
    even if your not looking for someone to stake you in future tourneys, shouldn't you want to win every tourney you enter just for the sake of winning and making money. Not to mention all the time they waste since tourneys go on for at the very least a couple of hours. After a play like that I'd much rather have someone go, I suck because I just learned how to play yesterday than have them say sorry my IQ lowers every time I play in a tourney with a low buy-in.

Banned
    very good post abenz. I notice this all the time too. People playing the same exact stake tournies as me acting like they are better than the micro buy in or dont care about the micro stakes. I know its hard to play you very best A game at the micros but you should still try to play your best... or why play at all?

PokerOwned Pro
    Well if its some random freeroll that u dont have time for then fair enough but im not gonna throw away a 1,2 or $3 buy in tournament.

the richer you are the thicker you are i guess, it bugs me to a low buy in is not an excuse for idiocy
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

people do say this all the time, wh en they make a horrible move and lose. IF i had a nickel for how often this happens,i think i,d have over a hundred dollars from that at least LOL..BUT u will see people say this same thing, at even a little higher buy ins too, I think there are some who play bad and say crap at ALL LEvels too.If u play 10 dollar buy ins, there are still a lotta donks and a lotta excuses there too.and then those people say, "oh, its just 10 bu cks, i dont really care." LOL.. so it happens at all levels....its all relative i guess., to their money.

Seasoned Veteran
    Ppl deff do this all the time. just yesterday had some jackass push A2 into my A5 after i hit 2 pair on the flop and rivers a 4 outer for a straight but honestly arent those the calls u want. someimes u just gotta get it in with the slight advantage in percentage

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast