Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63958.76

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned Master
    mix it up.. let someone one on a draw or mid pair dictate how much they are willin to lose

LLB King
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD55 View Post
    cause the bad hands are actually the good ones- atleast that's what the Russians think...
    Russians suck at poker bro.

Most players are losing players. So they find a trick they like and abuse the hell out of it. More than straying from normal theories, they are falling into the intuitive thinking that says to mislead your opponent do the opposite of what your hand is. Play weak when you're strong, act strong when you're weak. It also depends on the value of your hand and the texture of the board. If you have a monster hand that is not easily outdrawn, most strategy recommends slow playing. I don't normally slow play, but it's something I'm learning to incorporate into my play. I'm still working on a solid balance that will let me capitalize my winnings.
    I'm gonna give that bitch a freeroll, bitches love freerolls.

PokerOwned Pro
    I can only think of one thing.....and that's Variety. Bluffing is required to keep your opponents guessing. Then, checking the good hands can build confidence in the other players lower hands.

shows these twits some losing hands or even call em down to where its not costing yuou to much and then catch em next time with the nuts and its a guar pay off

Depends on the situation and the opponents ...... sometimes it's good to play like that, sometimes not

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    The same reasons why I don't like play Brazilians. They are super aggressive and can't count on the luck with them. Patience, patience is the only way to beat them out.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rghy2 View Post
    Most players are losing players. So they find a trick they like and abuse the hell out of it. More than straying from normal theories, they are falling into the intuitive thinking that says to mislead your opponent do the opposite of what your hand is. Play weak when you're strong, act strong when you're weak. It also depends on the value of your hand and the texture of the board. If you have a monster hand that is not easily outdrawn, most strategy recommends slow playing. I don't normally slow play, but it's something I'm learning to incorporate into my play. I'm still working on a solid balance that will let me capitalize my winnings.
    Excellent post.

Quote Originally Posted by CUSTOMTABLES View Post
    shows these twits some losing hands or even call em down to where its not costing yuou to much and then catch em next time with the nuts and its a guar pay off
    Quote Originally Posted by panther63 View Post
    mix it up.. let someone one on a draw or mid pair dictate how much they are willin to lose
    Quote Originally Posted by HopsnBarley28 View Post
    If you're talking about freerolls, I suspect it's because folks don't want to put chips in early on because they are probably going to get called with garbage. Better to see the flop and then make the play. If it's not freerolls, you just need to move up in the monetary ranks - you'll see plenty of value-betting when you get into the $50 and higher buy-ins.
    Quote Originally Posted by chadherczeg View Post
    Personally, I prefer betting no matter what. It gets me far much more value long run because it allows me to stay in the driver seat more often and induce raises from people with less than premium because they always think I'm bluffing. Which tends to allow me more information than check calling would.
    +4 totally agree!!!
    Last edited by eqgh5uea; 02-11-2014 at 06:46 PM.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

PokerOwned God
    That's a good question. I'm not really sure, but it probably continues because everyone's doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackinitin View Post
    i play my cards as i see them if i think they will be the nuts i'll bet the hell outta it.but when you got community cards that looks better than what you have you got to take note you may gert your ass beat
    i also use to play more intuitively than rational...... odds are just boring...lmao... xDD

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast