Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66692.05

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Experienced Member
    Yes ty. I do agree that its deeper then i touched on.

My basic statement was that it just seems like check raising is more prevelant now adays. To me it seems anyways, and check raises are used more frequently to try and end a hand sooner for fear of having to see a turn or river.

Quote Originally Posted by wcpepsi1 View Post
    Yes ty. I do agree that its deeper then i touched on.

My basic statement was that it just seems like check raising is more prevelant now adays. To me it seems anyways, and check raises are used more frequently to try and end a hand sooner for fear of having to see a turn or river.
    People also play more aggro these days. It's a tradeoff.

Experienced Member
    Oh def. and I blame the evolution of younger and younger players for the aggro and super aggro play.

And also espn and wpt, for only airing bluffs and all in hands on there televised avents so the donks and noobs only see that and think that is real poker, when real poker is folding 90 prct of ur hands pre in full ring games. Well no to say i do but thats the industry standard.

Oh def. and I blame the evolution of younger and younger players for the aggro and super aggro play.

And also espn and wpt, for only airing bluffs and all in hands on there televised avents so the donks and noobs only see that and think that is real poker, when real poker is folding 90 prct of ur hands pre in full ring games. Well no to say i do but thats the industry standard.
    Be careful, I'm younger then you think.

Experienced Member
    I actually mean the europeons lol.

Im not gonna lie im very aggressive and make very sick calls and sometimes go broke trying to make hero calls but 90 prct of the time ill get it right.

I came in after or a year before money maker and played in the wsop m/e in 2004. I came 20 or so from the money give or take a few. But yes ive made alot of money vs the aggro. players, just picking them off. I much prefer live poker to online. Even though i feel I have an advantage online vs 99 prct of players due to the fact I have picked up on quite a few tells... online... yeah.. some say its not possible but it is lol. Ill hero call with bottom pair based soley on a tell i picked up on a p layer.

But yes its a aggro mans game.. but im used to people leading out, not check raising cuz they are scared to play me on further streets.. lol i guess ill take it as a compliiment.

How old are you jason... your not 12 lol? jasonv12? lols im 30

I actually mean the europeons lol.

Im not gonna lie im very aggressive and make very sick calls and sometimes go broke trying to make hero calls but 90 prct of the time ill get it right.

I came in after or a year before money maker and played in the wsop m/e in 2004. I came 20 or so from the money give or take a few. But yes ive made alot of money vs the aggro. players, just picking them off. I much prefer live poker to online. Even though i feel I have an advantage online vs 99 prct of players due to the fact I have picked up on quite a few tells... online... yeah.. some say its not possible but it is lol. Ill hero call with bottom pair based soley on a tell i picked up on a p layer.

But yes its a aggro mans game.. but im used to people leading out, not check raising cuz they are scared to play me on further streets.. lol i guess ill take it as a compliiment.

How old are you jason... your not 12 lol? jasonv12? lols im 30
    lol I act 12 sometimes, but nah. I'm almost 20.

Experienced Member
    oh ok nice to meet you man gl and gg

I check raise when I want the call, not to end the hand.

Experienced Member
    Yeah right, But I see so many people say for instance that have Q4 lol and the flop is Q210.. now that person check raises... its a 2 person and me and villian.. now the person with Q4 cant want a call and def. wants to take down the hand..

Also it seems alot of people now adays are check raising mid and bottom pair.. Of course poofy if you check raise you have a top 10 nut hand..

it just seems there is a lack of wanting to play postflop in general.. so the check raising goes along with the all in pre when you have 40 plus bbs

Even without Aces... people dont even 4 or 5 bet any raise to them with a hand and they push

example

I have AJ.
    blinds 10/20 first hand of tourney starting stack 2k
    I raise 60 utg the button moves in with say AQ AK KQ.. because there is a direct correlation of lacking postflop skills. And missing a flop with AQ or AK not being able to fold A hi.. so rather then that getting all in pre..

also they dont like to reraise.. cuz then they will see a flop most likely its a immediate push... now they dont get the expected + ev with the hand if the just push they just pick up the 60 lol..

With the way miracle cards hit the river online why would anyone want to "let" someone see the turn or river? How is it wrong to not want a donk drawing when they shouldnt be in the hand? Too many just wont fold to regular bets. Couple that with Terrible rng's and you dont want donks drawing EVER!!
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast