Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62280.2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best starting hand in Omaha

Was just dealt Ace,Ace,King,King,,, two of them suited,,,and it got me thinking,, we all know the best starting hand in Hold'em is pocket Aces,,, now, What is the best starting hand in Omaha High,, not High/Lo...

Not saying that A/A & K/K are the best and I'm not sure what I think is the best. Maybe double suited A/K/Q/J ?

What do you think?
    Last edited by wagon596; 01-23-2013 at 12:57 PM.
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Quote Originally Posted by wagon596 View Post
    Was just dealt Ace,Ace,King,King,,, two of them suited,,,and it got me thinking,, we all know the best starting hand in Hold'em is pocket Aces,,, now, What is the best starting hand in Omaha High,, not High/Lo... Not saying that A/A & K/K are the best and I'm not sure what I think is the best. Maybe double suited A/K/Q/J ?
    its a toughy but i guess u want the hand with the most possible outs...its probably why you get so many callers every hand
    id say summin like AT47 with at least 2 suited cards or something (im not an expert at omaha i hate the game) but that gives u the most posible outs using at least 2 whole cards
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

PokerOwned Master
    i like two good low cards a2 or a3 with a hi pair prefer something suited tough game changes with every card

PokerOwned Demi-God bigphatmike's Avatar
    best starting hand is like you said AKAK ss

Quote Originally Posted by bigphatmike View Post
    Negative, why would you want that? JustSayn..............................
    "Maybe Poker's Just Not Your Game"

I suppose 4 of a kind is a good starting hand also?! JustSayn..........................

I wouldn't fold it but not my first or tenth choice. I'm not sure because anything can end up being a good hand it just depend on where and who you are playing. JustSayn............................

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by azreal1 View Post
    its a toughy but i guess u want the hand with the most possible outs...its probably why you get so many callers every hand
    id say summin like AT47 with at least 2 suited cards or something (im not an expert at omaha i hate the game) but that gives u the most posible outs using at least 2 whole cards
    Im glad you said you're not an expert but AT74? That has to be a joke. I dont think that is even in the top 100 of starting hands. Its AAKK, AAQQ, AAJJ, AATT all of them double suited. Then possibly AA and two cards thats double suited. The best non pair starting hand would be JT98 because there are so many ways to make str8s and ds to make flushes.

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Something that most ppl will call and can still be the nutz. Aqsuited kjsuited
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

PokerOwned Master
    4 of a kind as a starting hand is probably the worst possible hand, the best you can have is 2 pair (your cards and if the board pairs). i think the best hand is something like akq10 two different suits or something along those lines. the best hand you can be up against is definitely an in experienced player with aces or kings in their hole cards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast