Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62280.2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Private

what is the purpose of a re-raise?

Is it to take down a pot and push someone off a weaker hand or is it to gather some information ?...surely by reraiseing a pot say on the flop with TPTK is revealing the strength of your hand and will probably kill action so i am confused in the correct way to use the c-raise or a positional re-raise...so far its my interpretation that many ppl reraise when their a little unsure where they are in the hand and want more information..this is dispalaying weekness..???

Experienced Member
    you always have to bid and be aggressive if not, you always end up that the chickens beat you easily

Corporal
    Sometimes I will re-raise when I am on the flop when i'm on a draw in order to stop the other guy from betting big on the next round.

Corporal
    I usually make a reraise when I am in a position like ...pocket k ...flop is down...no ace. It will be a huge reraise to get you all out..lol

Corporal
    You can also just go All-in

PokerOwned Veteran
    it all depends on position and the stredgth of my hand. if im first or second to act in a 9 player table and have say pocket K's i will raise 3X the BB to see where i stand. if some one reraises me i may go over the top.

Corporal
    Sometimes I will re-raise when I am on the flop when i'm on a draw in order to stop the other guy from betting big on the next round.

Sergeant Major
    Quote Originally Posted by frol666 View Post
    You can also just go All-in
    Going all in is not the answer unless you have the absolute nuts. If you just have TPTK it leaves you no room to get away from the hand if you are beat. The only time you should shove all in is if you have a small stack. I love playing with the people that just shove all in all the time with weak hands.

Private
    re-raise depends on position and the hand u got , i usually re-raise with pockets Queens or higher , that way i try to get away weak hands and have a good chance to win

Experienced Member
    for example ,sometimes I'm reraising the continuation bet if small cards came on the flop and I hit at least a pair...reraising can give you a lot of information if you are a good reader

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast