Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70091.69

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink The power of reraise

Today I wanted to talk about a weapon that I'm learning to use: 3-bet preflop.
    Is basically the raise preflop reraise the villain. With what are all advantages.
    they will be forced to make a complicated decision preflop, and if you call, an even more complicated in the flop if you want to play the hand. Most, nits, go down the easiest path for them, which is the fold preflop or fold on the flop with pocket pairs. Besides, we play the hand in position (except for r / r to defend our blind), and many people can not believe a raise preflop and put us on air (especially if we have a preflop raise more than 6-7, but when we put a 3-bet most people, including fishes, tends to get in a good hand.

What conditions?

Position.
    Position of the preflop raiser and ours. Ideally, a 4BB raise a thief CO r / r us in the button to 12BB, but not always. Beware reraise a raise in early position.

Villano.
    The higher the preflop raise the villain, the more effective the 3-bet because they have a wider range of hands and most of their hands may not be facing a reraise.
    The lower the Went to showdown, the better. Obvious. Failure to do so with fishes with WSD of 40%.
    And the higher the fold to continuation bet, the better. Although I think this is more because the fold secondary to cont bet most of the time referred to boats in which it has been a single preflop raise.

Our hand.
    Hehehe, I have written a billet and I have not spoken of the hand.
    Well I think it depends a lot and we can do with a relatively wide range of hands.
    Aside from the obvious JJ + and AK, we go accompanying slowly with other hand. 99 + and AQ + should be the base, and then hands that in general we are not sure whether a call will be merit EV + r / r with position, such as garlic, T9s, KQs.

I think it's a matter of situations that range of hands, so in the appropriate situation reraised I would play, given that we play with a big stack, a very wide range of hands:

Any couple
    Suited connectors (AKs-65s)
    Connectors with a hole (AQs-86s)
    Aces suites (AXS)

I agree coming over the top of a pre-flop raise can be a powerful tool...but I would not do it against someone who can afford to lose some chips...so for me a large chip stack would be a MUST for me....if he/she is slow playing AA...you'll know soon enough!

Experienced Member
    This is a very clever technique. I may have to use this a time or two

This is the concept behind 3 betting a polarized range. Most players only 3bet with QQ+, AK. In today's aggressive game you can easily do this with JJ+ AQ+ and still be ahead most of the time. You will get into trouble when you start 3betting with hands that are easily crushed by villains 3bet calling range. Hands like Ax are going to be out kicked so often that 3betting with Ax is not profitable. The same thing is true for hands like KJ KQ or middle suited connectors. This is why it's recommended that you 3bet a polarized range. Only the top hands and the very bottom. So you'll be 3betting JJ+ AQ+ for value and 3betting 23-56 as a semi bluff. If you bet the low range you are least likely to get stuck with a hand that won't hold up because it's unlikely any of the cards you hold are in the villains hand if he calls. You have 2 live ones. You also increase your implied odds should you connect with low flops. You also increase the fold equity you have when your opponent misses with hands like AJ+ or KJ+. Villain would have to assume you have a high PP if you 3bet pre and cbet the flop on a low board.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

Experienced Member
    this is fact .. but you have to know the right time to give the ra-raise .. because if you have a few chips and the player have more than you he will surely pay

PokerOwned God
    well we have alot of new people at the games recently and alot of donks so it will take time to figure them out

I hardly ever three bet before the flop... I'm too tight
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    I just do it to make a table image. I agree with the 1st reply that you need a big stack to plaqy more comlicated tactics.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours; two ships, two brigs, one schooner and one sloop." --- O.H. Perry

ofg
    PokerOwned Veteran
    It really depends on who you try to do this against. If someone is never folding to a 3 bet, you really cant be making a lot of bluffs. no bluffs if the opponent is likely to call on the flop and turn. A big stack is good to have but you can do it with a medium stack and end up winning preflop because opponent dont feel like its worth calling to see a flop.

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkowboys View Post
    This is the concept behind 3 betting a polarized range. Most players only 3bet with QQ+, AK. In today's aggressive game you can easily do this with JJ+ AQ+ and still be ahead most of the time. You will get into trouble when you start 3betting with hands that are easily crushed by villains 3bet calling range. Hands like Ax are going to be out kicked so often that 3betting with Ax is not profitable. The same thing is true for hands like KJ KQ or middle suited connectors. This is why it's recommended that you 3bet a polarized range. Only the top hands and the very bottom. So you'll be 3betting JJ+ AQ+ for value and 3betting 23-56 as a semi bluff. If you bet the low range you are least likely to get stuck with a hand that won't hold up because it's unlikely any of the cards you hold are in the villains hand if he calls. You have 2 live ones. You also increase your implied odds should you connect with low flops. You also increase the fold equity you have when your opponent misses with hands like AJ+ or KJ+. Villain would have to assume you have a high PP if you 3bet pre and cbet the flop on a low board.
    This is all really good advice. I would agree that you have to keep a polarized range. I think you 3-bet range is too wide. With that wide of a 3-bet range preflop, I'm sure others will catch on if they are watching.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast