Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70929.94

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member IWASLION's Avatar

Bonuses have aldulterated the poker landscape

Whatever happened to the days when good players won, and bad players lost? Now everyone in poker seems geeked on the idea of "promos" and "bonuses". I personally avoid rake-tracking bonuses, and deposit bonuses. I think VIP points are repayment enough for the action of regulars. Perhaps if people didn't nickle and dime the sites so damn much, we wouldn't need to worry about them "juicing the RNG" to show profits and avoid going into the red when people request payouts. But stupid is as stupid does, I have seen people lose their bankrolls by playing stakes that are too high or playing too many hands trying to clear bonuses. Poker is about winning pots and bank-roll management, not bonuses.

PokerOwned Veteran
    If you are a winning player then it is extra money to be had. If the losing players are playing to make their points and that is keeping them in the game then a winning player should be happy that there is an incentive for losing players to keep on trying to play beyond their ability.

Just my opinion

I agree with you. Rakes are extremely high on all the small US sites tho too, so equilibrium is necessary for profitable play.

PokerOwned Veteran
    An interesting perspective shared by everyone here, I doubt this trend will change anytime soon.

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by IWASLION View Post
    Whatever happened to the days when good players won, and bad players lost?...
    Nothing really has changed there. Both good and bad players can run "hot" or "cold", but over time the good players will win more from the bad players.

Quote Originally Posted by IWASLION View Post
    ... Now everyone in poker seems geeked on the idea of "promos" and "bonuses"...
    That too is about the same as before ...more or less. Comps were going on in Vegas long before internet poker. Internet poker is following the business model established a long time ago. Give someone a comp/bonus/free chips and they will come and/or stay. Dont offer a freebie and they will go elsewhere.

so essentially ure complaining about free money...does that mean u do not wish to be entered into any of the promos here? the br booster program or b2b??? cool so next time u win one of the po promos no matter which one ill get zab to ship me ure points
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

Quote Originally Posted by azreal1 View Post
    so essentially ure complaining about free money...does that mean u do not wish to be entered into any of the promos here? the br booster program or b2b??? cool so next time u win one of the po promos no matter which one ill get zab to ship me ure points
    Was this really necessary? OP was expressing an opinion and seeking the opinions of others regarding bonuses offered by poker rooms. It had nothing (that I can tell) to do with bonuses or points rewarding good membership within a poker discussion community. This just seems an over-the-top aggro-sarcastic response relative to the level "complaint" OP proffered.

PokerOwned God
    u know it all and are so self-rightous - i really get a kick out of it makes me feel goodabout myself

Quote Originally Posted by bmeelneg View Post
    Give someone a comp/bonus/free chips and they will come and/or stay. Dont offer a freebie and they will go elsewhere.
    I like the sound of this "elsewhere" site. Link? LOL

As usual you missed the point in order to fit your criticism model. I am refering to poker sites, not poker forums. And no I do not want to be included in "bankrooll booster", but I have no issue with the B2B or other performance based promos, in fact I find them to be alot of fun actually. Further more if I were to have my points shipped to someone, you would be one of my last choices, as I have yet to see you post something positive or helpful in any way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast