Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $64976.37

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bodog Seized?

Bodog Seized?

Local sports bookies rejoice! Business could soon pick up now that the Feds have seized the Bodog.com website and indicted founder Calvin Ayre, along with three other Canadians, for illegal gambling and money laundering, Forbes reports. The indictment comes from Maryland, where sports betting is illegal. Ayre, who marketed himself as the Hugh Hefner of online gambling, denounced the charges on his website, saying it is an "abuse of the US criminal justice system for the commercial gain of large US corporations. ..."
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Elite PokerOwned Member
    as far as I know they seized the domain which is no longer in use since one year

PokerOwned God
    yes they seized the domain name which was not in use for a year - not the company

I love Calvin Ayre, the US has targeted him several times and each time he just flips them the bird and continues about his business.
    I have not read much on this but Bodog was one step ahead and switched their domain a while ago, so if they seized .com, good for them, lol.

the sites still up as bovada the owners are just screwed and under investigation if i remember what i read correctly
    poker terminology-
    Drawing Dead: If you call and hit your one outer.... I will kill you..!

Elite PokerOwned Member MrPokerVerse's Avatar
    I had few bucks in Bodog before they switched but couldn't logon to the new network because of country of orgin (USA). Has anyone been playing over there if so did your exsisting account get transfered with funds in place?
    "When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience." anonymous quote

Elite PokerOwned Member
    i wasn't ever able to change over to bovada when they changed it from bodog.

Fish

bodog seized

I just heard bodog.com was seized by the DOJ. I don't know the details of why, but now I have a question. If they're still seizing sites, what are the chances merge gets hit?

Survey Master
    Money laundering & such of over $100M.

Go to poker.org and see the full details.

Zab
    yesterdays news (actually 1+ year ago news)
    "And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AtUXdXA_s

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast