Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $69960.28

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Master

Gambling addiction?

Hey have any of you guys ever struggled with a gambling addiction before? How did you get out of that? If you did, then why do you still play poker today? Would you consider poker as gambling? These are just some thoughts I have had lately.

I have struggled with a gambling addiction before and I still play poker because I love the competition and the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tturne01 View Post
    Hey have any of you guys ever struggled with a gambling addiction before? How did you get out of that? If you did, then why do you still play poker today? Would you consider poker as gambling? These are just some thoughts I have had lately.

I have struggled with a gambling addiction before and I still play poker because I love the competition and the game.
    ................play tighter

PokerOwned Veteran
    gambling is good in tournament we are think that we won but this isnt good

gambling is addicting, poker to most is gambling, some consider it an investment (winning players). NOT SURE YOU CAN GET RID OF THE DEMONS THAT FACE YOU

Quote Originally Posted by tturne01 View Post

I used to have a serious gambling addiction. I would play but it was almost as bad as a "Crack Binge" 72 hours straight in some instances. I still play poker today but only after learning alot and going bust a couple times. Ive never been one to take my bill money and put it on the first pair of A's I see. Bankroll Management has taught me alot. I come online and BS penny an dollar tables just to pass the time now its much cheaper than shopping. Learning the game that best suits you is the key in poker so now I only play the stuff that benefits me. Sometimes as players we get into ruts where we are so used to playing a certain game that we dont realize another game might be better for us. Instead of playing the local home games here I put a fraction of what I was spending on my home games on this stupid site and its cheap practice for what Nut Jobs I meet in real life poker.

As for Poker being considered Gambling......Hmmm thats a tough question. For the players that KNOW the math that goes along with poker they will stand firm that Poker is a game of Skill...IF you ask a unseasoned player they will tell you Poker is truly "Luck of the Draw". Whos right and whos wrong? I have a opinion but yanno how those are......Alot like Assholes we all gotz one!

I will NEVER quit poker even though ive threatened it Many Many Times LOL

PokerOwned Master
    Yeah I think I used to see it as gambling, but now that I understand the game, I see it more as an investment.

Elite PokerOwned Member jayyy27's Avatar
    I know many people that see it as gambling. If your talking about playing against any house game then yeah, even blackjack. Playing against a player, well if you are skilled at the game you are playing and you are showing a profit then ok. But like someone said earlier if you are using your bill money or can't provide for your family then you might want to get some help.

PokerOwned God
    poker is gambling, that is a fact...i dont care if you a numbers guy or have great skill..you still have to beat the nutjobs, donks, fishes out of their chips and the rng online machine..and live poker is a gamble as well..the best thing is to have good brm and dont spend money you cant afford to loose..

Elite PokerOwned Member P0K3R4F00D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jayyy27 View Post
    I know many people that see it as gambling. If your talking about playing against any house game then yeah, even blackjack. Playing against a player, well if you are skilled at the game you are playing and you are showing a profit then ok. But like someone said earlier if you are using your bill money or can't provide for your family then you might want to get some help.
    yes i have to agree with this here. If you are making decision on whether to pay a bill or play poker then most likely u have an addiction. This is why I never made a deposit. I play for fun and poker is more of a hobby to me. Now I used to have a lottery addiction and had to find a way to stop playing. Even tho I still treat myself to a ticket or 2 here and there but nowhere near as bad as i use to be.
    I poker face off and now she faceless.
    I poker so much I deserve a bracelet!

While there is amount of luck needed, you also need skill and for that reason I do not consider poker gambling. (If you are playing it correctly)

As far as being addicted, like others have said, if it is hurting you financially in the real world, or getting in the way of life, then there is an issue.
    Last edited by Poof; 12-07-2012 at 11:29 AM. Reason: My avatar is hot!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast