Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70456.89

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member

We have all heard there is no "I'm sorry" in poker. But, are there ethics?

Recently, I won a few LLB's worth about 1700 points . Unfortunately, I had my SN listed as finishinglast when it should have been FinishingLast. Apparently when the LLB's where paid out, it did not recognize me and subsequently paid the winnings to second place. Not yet realizing I was to blame, I found Poofy in chat this morning and explained what had happened. She informed me that my screen name must be listed incorrectly and that my only course of action to retrieve the points was to ask the player who had been awarded those points to "Do the right thing". I had no problem contacting that person as I know if I where in his position I would send the chips to the rightful owner. I don't really believe in Karma but I do believe in doing what's right and keeping a good reputation. You never know who you're going to have to deal with in the future. He was wary of my request (I can't blame him) but agreed to send me half now and half after he contacted support to verify. I appreciate his understanding and integrity. I myself no I would not have searched for the rightful winner but if I was contacted by them, I would send the points as well. What would you do?

PokerOwned Master
    Hopefully the right thing will be done, but if not, guess there is not much you can do about it...

Elite PokerOwned Member
    There would have been nothing I could have done. He has already paid me. I think it says a lot for his character.

whoever the other player was I hope you 2 build a friendship for he/she did not have to do that as it was your mistake. Very cool it worked out.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

glad it worked out for u and THERE ARE some NICE people here too... I H ad someone pay me in market once,, wehn they screwed up an LLB too,, so i t can h apppen lol.. ,,,,

PokerOwned Master
    Great to hear that there are still some honest and respectful people in this world. So many times lately have I been hearing stories about the exact opposite.

Faith in Humanity = Restored.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
    whoever the other player was I hope you 2 build a friendship for he/she did not have to do that as it was your mistake. Very cool it worked out.
    I have only played a few games with him, but he is a good player and I enjoy his conversation. With the all the bad attitudes and spitefulness it is a breath of fresh air to be seated with a player like him.

I think it's awesome that it was resolved. It was an honest mistake on your part, and the other player did as he should just to confirm it, but he was honest enough to make it right. I give them props.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    thats further proves we have some decent people here at pokerowned

PokerOwned God
    well that was refreshing to hear either people are nice or mean

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast