Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70884.01

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Using FB to Grow the PO Community.

This was meant to be posted in "PokerOwned Talk & Upgrades", but I don't have the ability to post there, so I'm going to post this here.

Basically I think PO should think about using social media and specifically FB more to target new users. Many recreational poker players in the US don't even know that playing online poker is still possible. They viewed the Black Friday that took Stars and Tilt out of the market as the end of the era and many of them probably still like the game and would enjoy playing for free on a site like this.

One idea I had that I've seen with all sorts of games is actually having the ability to connect an account (your PO account) to your FB account. Maybe PO could offer like 5 or 10 points off a tournament coupon if you posted it to your FB when you sign up for the tournament. This would only be connected to the FB side of things as a post to your FB friends and no one on PO could see your FB or any personal information about you.

I know that I have a FB friend that I've known for several years from competitive Scrabble who played on here regularly, long before I knew it existed. If I had seen a post like that from him, I would have checked it out immediately.

This is really cheap promoting at its finest in my opinion and could also allow people to save a few points, while helping to grow the community completely voluntarily. I know that a few other freeroll sites and/or forums that shall remain unnamed have tried/used this or similar ideas with Twitter. I do not actually know if they were successful campaigns or not.

Just wanted to share this idea of mine. What do you guys think?

Yeah i have a few friends that used to play online til black friday and i keep telling them what sites i play on and they think im playing for play chips, They said cause its illegal to play now for real money, no matter what i tell them LOL Another thought Jason is to get them to sign up using the refer a friend thing thru your facebook...
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

I along with about 4 others are an admin on the PO facebook page. We have been tryinf forever to get peeps to be a part of the page but all we have there is players who want the passwords to the PokerStars tourney's. PO is also on Twitter if I am not mistaken.

So you are on the right track but maybe find a way to liven the page up with people who are interested in something other than passwords.

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Quote Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
    I along with about 4 others are an admin on the PO facebook page. We have been tryinf forever to get peeps to be a part of the page but all we have there is players who want the passwords to the PokerStars tourney's. PO is also on Twitter if I am not mistaken.

So you are on the right track but maybe find a way to liven the page up with people who are interested in something other than passwords.
    simple make me an admin of the page i can drum up people and i dont have to actually talk to anyone on there, looking at the page the reason ure fucking it up is simple, telling people to join up without giving any actual reason to isnt gunna make them wanna join give me a week n that page will look awesomne

also looks like you havent posted anything in months :| august 7th...yup thats gunna get new people rolling in
    Last edited by azreal1; 11-04-2013 at 08:08 AM.
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

jgad115
    well I can about bet 90% of anyone who shows interest on facebook will likely only be interested in passwords and nothing to do with the game and learning of poker like some of us

Quote Originally Posted by azreal1 View Post
    simple make me an admin of the page i can drum up people and i dont have to actually talk to anyone on there, looking at the page the reason ure fucking it up is simple, telling people to join up without giving any actual reason to isnt gunna make them wanna join give me a week n that page will look awesomne

also looks like you havent posted anything in months :| august 7th...yup thats gunna get new people rolling in
    As the owner of multiple pages with over a million people following, I agree with azrael.

facebook Po is nothing but people asking for the passwords. someone should be a mod and update and make the page better. i nominated myself for the jobs.

This is getting old. Were sick and tired of the Spurs owning us. This is the year we ride up to the challenge, Get the monkey off our back! We Believe GO Dubbssss!!

Quote Originally Posted by DuckU408 View Post
    facebook Po is nothing but people asking for the passwords. someone should be a mod and update and make the page better. i nominated myself for the jobs.
    I'd gladly help out as well.

PokerOwned Master
    Considering there seems to be no way of keeping beggers off of facebook, there is not much to be done with it ... The PO page looks like an orgy of pass wanters, Even me, which loves this site, will not approach the FB page for that reason...
    I Buy and Sell Pokerstars $ PM me for Details.
    PokerStars : PerformLAB

lol I spent hours deleting spam, then it to to be more of a hassle than anything. I did point trivia back in the day to get peeps to join and advertise at the same time, but if there is anyone who can run this page then by all means step right up..............

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast