Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70410.85

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Demi-God

Madjek's sit n go BRM model

Ok, after playing a hundred 2 dollar bounty sng's with cookies stake, i understand the need to play sng's in blocks to ride out the swings. There are enough BR challenges on here so i'm not going to set any BR goal , just the desire to keep moving up and eventually have some type of steady money coming in from sit n go's. I'm going to use the following "pyramid" to move up in buy'ins and see if i can eventually get to 20 dollar buyins, (or higher) and win at a consistent rate in the long run. Let me know what you think of the steps and approach. I have a big ego, so probably won't listen to any suggestions, but feel free to post them. I am going to play blocks of 10 sng's, depending what level my BR fits at the start. After playing the block , I will move to the appropriate block that the BR is at then. Here are the steps i'm going to take, if i don't have enough to start step 1, i'll freeroll, fun step, and bumble bee till i do.

step 1: fast fiftys ($.60 buyin) obviously need at least $6 to play block of 10
    step 2: dollar dazzlers (1.10 buyin) BR must be $22 at least
    step 3: $2 bounty 10 seat (2.20) BR must be $44 at least
    step 4: $5 bounty 10 seat (5.50) BR must be $110 at least
    step 5: $10 bounty 10 seat (11.00) BR must be $220 at least
    step 6: $20 bounty 10 seat (22.00) BR must be $440 at least

I'm not moving up unless i have 20 buyins at that level, that way if i have a horrible block of 10, with no cashes at all, i will still have enough to just move back one step.

My starting BR is $13. I'll post occasionally, let you know how its working, anyone who wants to join in feel free.

Banned
    seems like it could work out for you. Not advice, but, I like to use the double ups as well, weak fields and I cash in atleast 8 or 9 out of 10, I also am a cash game player, so that is where I like to dwell. But it sounds like you are going to use proper brm in your journey, so if your play is any good, you should be winning in no time.

sounds good gl madjek!! isnt the 1.10 one, the dazzler a MTT tho?? not a sitngo??? i thought u were goin to stick to sitngos tho u said??? takess a lot of discipline to stick only to sitngos mostly tho,, a long time ago i could do that,,, now i really hate sitngos a lot lol,,and will only play a fast fifty once in a while tho,, but GLGL)

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by rrickir View Post
    sounds good gl madjek!! isnt the 1.10 one, the dazzler a MTT tho?? not a sitngo??? i thought u were goin to stick to sitngos tho u said??? takess a lot of discipline to stick only to sitngos mostly tho,, a long time ago i could do that,,, now i really hate sitngos a lot lol,,and will only play a fast fifty once in a while tho,, but GLGL)
    Yes ricki, all sitngo's, guess i should of made that more clear, the $1.10 buyin sit n go is also called dollar dazzler.

step 2: dollar dazzlers (1.10 buyin) BR must be $22 at least

I'm assuming these are some type of SnG on merge and not the MTT's called dollar dazzler. If they are the MTT's I'd lose that in the line up. But, GL and hope you make it big. Also realize that there are not really enough $20 SnG going on merge in a day to really make it work the time and effort, but, that is up to ya. GL and please let us know from time to time how things are going. And remember worse comes to worse you always have a step 3 stake w/ me. -Cookies.

I'd suggest transitioning into a game that fills up at both micro levels and higher stakes levels such as the 6-max superturbos. Those SnG's come with more variance, but you can play a larger amount of them in a short amount of time. Those bounty tournaments don't fill up fast if at all at higher stakes so you'll slow your progress down a lot if you make it there. I'd also suggest upping the amount of buy-ins you need to play a certain SnG. SnG's have a lot of variance just because they are short and fast single table tournaments, due to this you'll see much worse swings then in a cash game. Take my advice or leave it, good luck in your bounty games.

On a side note, that fifty cents game is a terrible investment unless you have a really good rakeback program. They charge 20% rakeback to play those games with a very little return. I'd go to bumblebee's at those stakes, pretty easy game to beat if you play solid poker and the rake won't kill you.

PokerOwned God
    good luck on your journey

Master Sergeant
    well madjek...im am also in the dollar dazzler sit n gos at the moment...so i will see you at the tables

PokerOwned God
    20 buyins is a little lite but if you're a "horse" I guess that really doesn't matter

PokerOwned God
    I think you have it very well thought out. Keep us posted.

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast