Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70746.29

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Trapping Yourself

How often do you defend your big blind or small blind with a so-so hand, and when the hand is over your looking at felt or a lot less chips than when the hand started. I think this is a leak for a lot of us players, especially newcomers to the world of NL Holdem. We wind up trapping ourselves. For me I look at the hand and say, " What was I doing in that hand anyway". Just my thoughts. And yes, it just happened to me...that's why I made the thread... ROFLMAO
    Last edited by wagon596; 01-11-2013 at 12:36 PM.
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

top face cards are the worst in this scenario, we often thin we are good and hit a pair on flop and then we run with it and get caught with out pants down when we were done when our opponent hit trips all along on flop.

Good thread wagon

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

if you notice an over aggresive person you can defend. i dont care about defending small blind. i would also like to be HU when defending.
    the cards honestly dont matter. reads is all
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

What really sucks is betting into the pot with continuation bets not picking up anything while you have at least one caller on each of your bets then the caller puts in a big bet on the river card which you have to fold on they get an easy pot from a sucker player which was me!!
    May Luck Follow You Like A Lost Puppy!

PokerOwned Veteran
    Ive done it a million times. I like to say experience makes you better, when youve lost every single possible way, you learn you dont have all the answers in this game.

PokerOwned Veteran
    But with all do respect to the players with their own way of playing, there is no right or wrong way to play.
    Its not about the cards you are dealt, it is how you play the cards.
    That simple.

PokerOwned God
    It happens to everyone. But defending usually works out since the sb is bluffing a good amount of the time.

PokerOwned God
    Happened a lot to me too. I now try to avoid it in the way that if I want to defend BB I reraise when the hand is strong enough.

You know what they say, don't get married to AK. Easier said then done though right.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisleysky View Post
    You know what they say, don't get married to AK. Easier said then done though right.
    Only for those who have closed there minds! Shouldnt get married to AA or KK either but we do that alot too!
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast