Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61655.31

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Really Random Request for Carbon PO Games

I know that the tournaments are designed so that one can finish in time for the next one to start, I understand that. I also understand that our tournaments need to be somewhat turbo in order to accomplish that goal. *That* I am totally understanding of. However, one thing that totally drives me up the wall is the actual jumps of the blinds. There should never be a blind jump from 25/50 to 50/100, ever, ever. And while this becoming more commonplace in micro like 30 cent tournaments, I wish PO tournaments would do away with this.

A structure of the 4 steps of 15/30, 20/40, 30/60, 50/100 would even be 20 times better and be a start in making the tournament run just as fast, while adjusting to make the blinds more within reason.

Juicy, Lock, BCP, and Bovada are all more like this, some with a 40/80 step in between the 30/60 and 50/100. I wish Carbon, where the most money, time, thought, and effort is put into, could follow suit.

This all said, others may not agree or care. I'm likely being very OCD about this, but I just feel like there is no reason why within 2 seconds, someone should be an average stack with 25 bbs and one second later be in push/fold mode.

Comments, criticism, calling me OCD, and whatever else are welcome.
    Last edited by jasonv12; 08-18-2013 at 04:29 PM.

I agree and wish the blinds were a little slower....the only possible way of doing that in my opinion would be to spread the 4 tourneys about another hour apart from each other....I think it would be a awesome thing and would make it more like poker rather than racing after round 4. but in order to spread them that far we would have to have a really early game and don't think we would have enough users playing at that time.

1 agree, the turbo style makes me crazy. I prefer 12 min blinds with 3k starting stacks.

i totally agree with ur opinion in this....i actually feel very uncomfortable with actual blinds structure...... i think ur request makes much sense.

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

Quote Originally Posted by PooffyFooffy View Post
    1 agree, the turbo style makes me crazy. I prefer 12 min blinds with 3k starting stacks.
    That would be so ideal....time to wait for some solid hands and 3k would give me 1k I could chase an ugly hand with and gamble a little and still have chips to come back....I just think those structures we might finish our game even with 4 hours with nits like you and allheart folding every hand.....lmao....jk pooffy

PokerOwned Veteran
    dam i was thinking 500 start and 100/50 blinds
    Steve
    Steortex,steindallas,SteortexrulesLLBS

hahaha I know we can't do that here, but I do prefer the deepstack slow blind structure.
    lmao Tex, alot play as if that was the structure.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavey25 View Post
    I agree and wish the blinds were a little slower....the only possible way of doing that in my opinion would be to spread the 4 tourneys about another hour apart from each other....I think it would be a awesome thing and would make it more like poker rather than racing after round 4. but in order to spread them that far we would have to have a really early game and don't think we would have enough users playing at that time.
    we might instead, as an option, have only 3 carbon games daily, that would make it even possible for Zab to increase the prize pools..and so we would also have a better blinds structure ......

In the beginning God said : "The four dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric second rank tensor equals zero", and at once there was light.

Quote Originally Posted by Swittie View Post
    we might instead, as an option, have only 3 carbon games daily, that would make it even possible for Zab to increase the prize pools..and so we would also have a better blinds structure ......
    I'd go for this any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Swittie View Post
    Maybe that could be something worked out... I would prefer it that way for sure....but he would have to make changes to grinder challenge also if this was done so not sure he would be up for it.... but maybe we can bring it to his attention and see where it leads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast