in the bb

2430 in chips

2 limpers from middle position along with the sb who limps too

flop 276 two hearts

sb checks

i bet out 300 into a pot of 600

2 pple in middle position call and sb folds

turn q diamond

I believed my hand was good on the flop, and this q didnt really scare me so i went all in for 2130 more, a little over a pot size bet, next guy goes all in too for 2800 and last guy folds

the 2800 guy shows aq with no heart draw.

river is a 8d and im knocked out

played well or not?
    leave your opinions plz,

also, the reason I did this is because i believed that someone was flushing, or straighting, or had some sort of 86 or 78 combo. It was possible that someone could have like the a7s thing but it just seemed unlikely, I guess I could have checked, but I was kind of committed.

ps. also this was a 27 people micro mtt, with 19 people left, starting chip stack was 1500
    Last edited by b112895; 01-27-2012 at 11:01 PM.
    play poker client 1/2 with me

Elite PokerOwned Member
    what are the stack sizes and blind level then il finish posting about hand
    "Poker is like a sexy girl. Everything is going as planned then bam she kicks you in the balls" "Stack a Fish"

i'll play poker client 1/2 with you right now if you're down
    CK

Knight-Lieutenant
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr5221 View Post
    what are the stack sizes and blind level then il finish posting about hand
    I had 2500 before the hand, the blinds were 75 150
    \
    play poker client 1/2 with me

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b112895 View Post
    I had 2500 before the hand, the blinds were 75 150
    \
    alright give me a minute to re read..playin atm too so hold on sec
    "Poker is like a sexy girl. Everything is going as planned then bam she kicks you in the balls" "Stack a Fish"

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b112895 View Post
    i have 10 7 diamonds

in the bb

2430 in chips

2 limpers from middle position along with the sb who limps too

flop 276 two hearts

sb checks

i bet out 300 into a pot of 600

2 pple in middle position call and sb folds

turn q diamond

I believed my hand was good on the flop, and this q didnt really scare me so i went all in for 2130 more, a little over a pot size bet, next guy goes all in too for 2800 and last guy folds

the 2800 guy shows aq with no heart draw.

river is a 8d and im knocked out

played well or not?
    leave your opinions plz,

also, the reason I did this is because i believed that someone was flushing, or straighting, or had some sort of 86 or 78 combo. It was possible that someone could have like the a7s thing but it just seemed unlikely, I guess I could have checked, but I was kind of committed.

ps. also this was a 27 people micro mtt, with 19 people left, starting chip stack was 1500
    You shoved 14bbs into this pot that had 10bbs so its an overshove on the turn with a draw heavy board oop so not to fond of that play there

Theres several different straight draws out there along the flush draw.

How come you dont believe one of them open limped in middle position with a queen..It is deff in their range to have QJ, Q10, or even Q9, second guy could easily have KQ and all the hands previously mentioned and limped behind because he has position on initial limper and wants to control pot. Also other cards that are possibly in their range are 22, 77, 66 since those are also hands ppl dont like to open raise with or dont mind limping into a pot with, so you could be beat by a set there as well.

So opponents range here is: Q9s, Q10, QJ,QK, AQ (dependin on player tendencies), 22, 77, 66, or pp greater than 7 but lower than Q, also any straight or flush combination as well, so 45,67,89

The way you played it someone can tell it is very unlikely you have a Queen in that spot and you maybe called with any pp that is greater than 7 but lower than the Q. No need to waste your tournament life on top pair on a hand your oop, and have a bluff catcher more or less, or busted draw catcher to win 3bbs

I think you played this WAY too agg... Any card above the 7 with 2 players coming along you have to figure one of em might have hit that Q or have a better pkt pair or draw better then the board. Pair of 7's with a bad kicker(10) isnt a hand u want to put all ur chips in on... You made ur mind up before the turn even showed that you were pushing, with an over hitting you should have backed off some. 10 7 isnt a hand u want to get heavily involved with
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned God
    i would have checked at that point seeing if turn gave better hand and see iif picturre card came out

PokerOwned God
    You over bet after the turn. You should be afraid of a queen in that situation because, like you said, anyone that may have been on a flush draw very easily could have had a queen in their hand.

PokerOwned Master
    never would have bet at all..A 7 is also a limp hand for any of them. You can get a better read seeing whats happening with their bets and reacting when you have such a weak hand.