Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70146.36

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PokerOwned God

Shoving all in is not real poker

peeps who shove all in all the time gives me a read that they are not good poker players, look for that sign when you playin..sometimes it best to call or slight raise ak, so you can read the board and determine your winning odds..also peeps who shove with ak when the board is blank for ex.5 9 2, is not smart either. any thoughts on this...

i think ure pointing out the obvious...
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

PokerOwned Master
    Totally agree...AK is not a made and, it's just the best of the rest at that point. My standard of play has gone downhill dramatically in the PO frerolls as I get into the "catch the donkey" mindset.....Trouble is, that turns you into just another donkey, making too many huge bets and calls without real information.

I agree when people use the shove all in as there only technique but I've found when my stack is low and the blinds are high, all in or fold is the only move that makes sense.

depends on the situation, if i raise preflop with AK and its a dry board i will always c bet, i win 80% of the time wen i do this, i mean how else u gonna scoop the pot if u dont bet it ?

MOVIN ON UP, LIKE THE FUKIN JEFFERSONS

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLINGBLAOW View Post
    depends on the situation, if i raise preflop with AK and its a dry board i will always c bet, i win 80% of the time wen i do this, i mean how else u gonna scoop the pot if u dont bet it ?
    Well but you are talking about raising and c-betting and not of shoving Allin with this hand

Quote Originally Posted by watte29 View Post
    Well but you are talking about raising and c-betting and not of shoving Allin with this hand
    yes ur right but sometimes my c bet is a shove all in

MOVIN ON UP, LIKE THE FUKIN JEFFERSONS

PokerOwned Demi-God
    shoving on a dry board is a good move
    too many chasers out there and cant count the times i lose
    on the turn or river

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by pokerpiglet View Post
    shoving on a dry board is a good move
    too many chasers out there and cant count the times i lose
    on the turn or river
    you will think that is a pretty good move, but many players play a rag more so than ak, so once you shove you are committed..just food for thought

Elite PokerOwned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gametime74 View Post
    peeps who shove all in all the time gives me a read that they are not good poker players, look for that sign when you playin..sometimes it best to call or slight raise ak, so you can read the board and determine your winning odds..also peeps who shove with ak when the board is blank for ex.5 9 2, is not smart either. any thoughts on this...
    No offense but the All in move doesn't mean that someone isn't good at poker...It's all about situations and stuff and can be used in a variety of different ways...I mean once you get to about 12bbs what exactly do you have for a move besides all in pre when in position?? what are you goin to do raise 3x then fold on the flop once you don't hit and someone else leads into the pot...Your down to 9bbs into a pot of 7bbs (granted BB didnt call)..someone leads out 4bbs into this pot and leaving you spewing your chips away.

The other way is some players will use the All in move against pro's or players that they feel they have a disadvantage against because they are being out played post flop against them

Also you can use the all in as another way to accumulate chips (if used effectively with the correct stack sizes and right portion of the tournament) as a re-shove in position or squeeze play.
    "Poker is like a sexy girl. Everything is going as planned then bam she kicks you in the balls" "Stack a Fish"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast