Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70017.54

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Experienced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkowboys View Post
    I don't think the play was bad. Those who are referencing the Q making his hand dead are being too results oriented. In that hand there is no way you can tell your opponent definitely has a queen. I'm a little lost at this point because you say you are middle position but then post flop you say late position checks to you. That's not possible so who called your bet? This is important in determining hand ranges.

With 1 over card on the flop you are in a tough spot when checked to. If you check behind you are giving away a free card, but to bet will leave you pot committed. I think in this spot you need to take the chance and shove. Your opponents range is pretty wide with a minimal raise unless you have a read contrary.

The fish comments are just internet BS. I wouldn't worry about it. You have nothing to prove to any of them. Plus it's a freeroll, not the WSOP none of the other players are Ivey.

Yeah... Well one important thing that i missed from it was that i was MP, i could put the guy behind me on no Queen but the guy the guy behind me had yet to act and to be safe considering that a) I was short stacked b) I had poor position I should have done what Azreal said and got some information.

If i min bet it and got called, yes, i could have easily been led into a trap (less likely with one other player in it) and at that point it would be safe to say my hand was played well. The fact is i neglected to take the advantage of making the info bet in my rush to try and get more chips and my shove was premature.

So in summary there are 2 key things i should have done

1) Shoved from the start, the Q* would have not gone in with me since he had to act before the next guy and, and i reckon the other guy would have folded too.
    2) When in, got my information and trusted that i was beat.

The fact is, a gamble here makes perfect sense if i have only 1 opponent and a much larger stack to his. With that he wouldnt dare call my all-in for fear he would get busted over his Q's where i could easily have KK, AA, AQ, AK with my initial raise.

lesson learned and from the start i wasnt saying it was the BEST call in the world. I regreted it after it happened and shrugged at first saying it was an OK call considering my stack sizes but going back to the thoughts of it I realized that it was a bad call and the only 2 moves i had were a shove from the start or an info bet to get a read.

Throughout it all though, i still think the fish calling was a bit bad. Had i done that fully stacked and at the start of the event then fair enough, but i was low stacked and had played proper TAG (which anyone could see with my folds and the plays i got involved in) so the fish calls were just in bad taste really

Experienced Member
    I think my point is made and the general consensus is...
    1 : Try not to get bent out of shape by someone calling you names (i didnt too much)
    2 : Learn from your mistakes (i try to)
    3 : The manners of others are bad (i agree)

PokerOwned Veteran
    bad beat

Experienced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonK View Post
    bad beat
    I would like to believe that but then i would be kidding myself

All in from the flop, sure i might want to call it a BB perhaps but from the flop everything becomes equal and my odds of winning right there were poor (fairly sure i only had a set as my out, so 2 cards!) so if i had sucked out on the Queens then "THAT" would have been a bad beat for him, not me ... but i didnt suffer a bad beat because from the position i screwed myself, i was already behind

Seasoned Veteran
    LOL fish gonna fish at those. they are mostly all crap shoots so you gotta run like god for the bigger freerolls

Banned
    It seemed like you shoved post flop because you were scared. No hands that you beat are going to call you. I would cbet/fold to raise. Another option to consider is shoving pre. Especially if there are antes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234