Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $71298

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Experienced Member

How to manage a tiny bankroll?

I won $9 in a freeroll, only to lose $8 in 1 hand of a cash game... How do I keep from going busto?

PokerOwned Veteran
    lol well the only way to go back up is to play! play sit n go

My strategy when dealing with a baby bankroll is either use 100$ of BR to play a tourney or 30% to 60% if conservative. It's either get to a semi stable to stacked BR as soon as possible. Kinda reckless but it seems to work for me.

You become a freeroll whore like me and don't play in any cash games until you have the proper bankroll for me. I don't buy into anything that is more than 5% of my br (mtts with re-entry I count as 3x what the actual buy-in is, rebuys are 5x). Therefore I needed at least $20 before I even played a $1 sng. $60 before I play in a $1 mtt on carbon since they're all re-entry, and $80 before I touch a cash game.
    I'm gonna give that bitch a freeroll, bitches love freerolls.

PokerOwned Master
    Keep playing ONLY freerolls until you make it to 100$, then play MTT's between 1.10$ and 3.30$ until you are up to 500$, then, move up to 5.50$ and 7.70$.
    I Buy and Sell Pokerstars $ PM me for Details.
    PokerStars : PerformLAB

PokerOwned Pro
    first off you should only bet 1/10 of your bankroll at any given time if applicable (obviously if you only have $1 then your stuck) and even less as it grows. bcp is good because they have .01/.02 rings and you can really have some room for outdraws or bad play
    sngs are good too, if you can cash in 1 out of 3 then you will at least come close to breaking even by just cashing - not to mention those that you win outright will boost you up a lot - and with a 33% payout rate they are really good for the better than average player

there are lots of books and sites that discuss bankroll management - but you still have to be a solid player or you will always go broke eventually - becoming a better poker player is learning bankroll management, ;earning how to play well, and how bankroll management can affect the way you play - all skills intertwine and can have massive effects on each other

PokerOwned Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroitjunky View Post
    first off you should only bet 1/10 of your bankroll at any given time if applicable (obviously if you only have $1 then your stuck) and even less as it grows. bcp is good because they have .01/.02 rings and you can really have some room for outdraws or bad play
    sngs are good too, if you can cash in 1 out of 3 then you will at least come close to breaking even by just cashing - not to mention those that you win outright will boost you up a lot - and with a 33% payout rate they are really good for the better than average player

there are lots of books and sites that discuss bankroll management - but you still have to be a solid player or you will always go broke eventually - becoming a better poker player is learning bankroll management, ;earning how to play well, and how bankroll management can affect the way you play - all skills intertwine and can have massive effects on each other
    Actually, I would say never invest more than 1/100 to 1/50 of your bankroll . When you gamble 1/10 of it, you are almost guaranteed to go broke, as even the BEST players out there will have longer than 10 games downswings...
    I Buy and Sell Pokerstars $ PM me for Details.
    PokerStars : PerformLAB

Quote Originally Posted by qcnb View Post
    Actually, I would say never invest more than 1/100 to 1/50 of your bankroll . When you gamble 1/10 of it, you are almost guaranteed to go broke, as even the BEST players out there will have longer than 10 games downswings...
    I'm comfortable with 5% because it always stays 5%. If I have $100 and then lose a $5 buy in, then I can't play in another $5 buy in because I don't have the br for it. So 5% doesn't mean I have 20 entries at 1 level, it's more a guide to tell me what level I can play at.
    I'm gonna give that bitch a freeroll, bitches love freerolls.

PokerOwned Pro
    one thing you will learn is that scared money attracts more sharks than the Brody family - learn what that means
    also you dont really have to wait until your roll is bigger from freerolls to play cash - if you are a good player you will be ok
    since you had $9 you could have played .01/.02 game with 18 buy ins - which is plenty for a beginner
    or you could have played 5 $1.65 sngs on BCP - if you cash in 2nd and 3rd in two of them your only down like 2.25 and played 5 tournaments - and if you were to win one outright out of those five then your in the black

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by qcnb View Post
    yes as your roll grows - but for someone who is building from 0 through freerolls that could take months to get to a big enough roll
    lets get this player to a significant balance before we give high-level play rules advice

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast