Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70101.41

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Pro

is it ever ok to limp?

is it ever ok to limp? I think limping can be ok sometimes? Any thoughts?

Elite PokerOwned Member snklzona's Avatar
    I limp some hands myself...but I know it to be wrong...you should no limp...if the hand is worth playing it should be worth a min raise...

Quote Originally Posted by PokerTony View Post
    is it ever ok to limp? I think limping can be ok sometimes? Any thoughts?
    Depends on if you can get away with it. In high stakes, players are smart enough to understand why players limp etc, etc and can exploit that limping = passive play = weakness ; in low stakes tho that's not so true.

PokerOwned God
    id rather limp with aces then go all in and get no calls

Quote Originally Posted by royalpat View Post
    id rather limp with aces then go all in and get no calls
    no a chance of that happening here unless im sb and no other calls. WAY too risky to know where ur at in the hand. Its better to win a small pot with aces then lose a big pot!!
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned Veteran
    depends on if you are going to have anyone else raise it for you. Online people are usually playing too many tables to notice any betting habits over a short period of time. I dont feel like you have to switch it up to hide strength.

There really are not very many absolute in poker. I think raising is optimal in most cases, but there are definitely instances where deviating from the standard line is optimal. Being able to articulate why you made a play, or why you think an opponent made a play is crucial. I think way to many people just mindlessly click buttons, and really don't stop to think what are they trying to convey/accomplish.

Elite PokerOwned Member IWASLION's Avatar
    Normally the answer is no, which in my opinion is why you should sometimes do it.

PokerOwned Demi-God tracyrickrobby's Avatar
    yes its okay to limp!! but i hate it also, u have to worry about the raisers after u. i prefer not to limp unless im setting a trap!! i have noticed alot of limping in these tourneys! probably safe to do here, because lots of players dont respect the raise anyway and call with j2, 38 etc!!

LIMPERS ARE FCKN GARBAGE. but donkey limpers that call anything after i raise, I love them... yummy fish
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast