Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70146.36

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Table Selection

Table Selection

I've really gotten into playing HU cash. Table selection has been so key for me. I was hit or miss between having a good session or a bad one. It took some time, but through Poker Table Ratings I realized that I was playing fish and winning big then playing solid regs and losing big.

I wanted to point out this important concept because until now I paid very little attention to table selection. I've even been able to identify targets at 6max tables to exploit. With a good seat compared to the fish you can rake it in on the 6max tables as well. I've had problems with the full ring tables since there are so many players. Only one or two targets isn't good enough because all the other decent players target them as well.

I wold be one of the fish,,, I suck at Heads-Up ,,, take care
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

PokerOwned God
    Yeah, I think I would probably just be one of the fish in a heads up game, lol.

i feel that im a very good heads up player.

very good post, I steered away from the 6 max and full ring NLH cash tables and went to 6 max PLO and crushed. Then well I have said it so many times it is boring.......................

Maybe I should go back to full ring cash games in NLH

20:58 <Poof> I would trade my husband for gisele
    18:37 <thepokerkid> @thepokerkid: and stop thinking about gay things

PokerOwned Pro
    Im terrible at heads up. I just end up being hyper agressive in the wrong spots and i never learn when to give up on a hand. Table selection on 6-max. I generally find tables where People buy in low. I find it harder versing big stacks. Also i like to look at a table for a couple of minutes before i sit down to make sure there arent multiple agressive players.

I was terrible at heads up. I ended up studying some content about playing heads up and decided to invest some time playing. I started with HU SnGs since the amount I would lose each time was a given amount. HU takes getting used to, but with experience it's pretty fun IMO because I only have to focus on one player. I don't have to worry about an entire table. I find that I can read hands much better HU than I can on a 6max or full ring table.

PokerOwned God
    i like heads up but it is very nerve racking especially if your opponent is super agressive

I am actually pretty good at head-ups but I never play it cause it makes me nervous.

Experienced Member
    i am a bad player HU, i am a cash and tournament player,and HU is not so profitable. but if u have skill gl at ur game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast