Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70769.27

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Switching from live to online

Any tips or strategies from former live players that have made the move to online and worked out the kinks ?????

Seasoned Veteran
    well when you made that transition from live to online... its better to start off with freerolls and micro stakes to get the feel of how the online poker owlrd is and i always do better playing real aggressive vs. passive remember players dont get to see your face and cant really get reads off of anyone but what they do see is betting patterns... choose a site with a good comping system and player rewards possibly sign up through the forum and get rakeback if thats important to u some sites disable promotions for the players that sign up through a forum for rakeback the rake back is now your only promotion... black chip poker, americas card room, and true poker are 3 sites that run on the same server and do disable promotions if u sign up through a forum... hope i was somewhat helpfull!!! gl on the felts

Banned
    i went from online to live. Still play more online.online-more variance,badbeats, and horrendous plays. The good more game selection,ALOT MORE HANDS, plus you can play much more smaller stakes.

Its a HUGE difference in the two.. I guess im just not getting it (online) cause i have won many turnys live but same style of play has no chance online. I did really well long before black friday when some sites first did away with US players but since my luck has went south and stayed there
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Need to be a bit tighter online, at least in the early part of the tourney - give the fools a chance to bust themselves out or to stack up so they don't feel like they have to play every hand like it's aces
    I'm not slurring my words. I'm talking in cursive. I believe the ladies find it to be quite elegant.

stick to the slots machine and blackjack table online.......

This is getting old. Were sick and tired of the Spurs owning us. This is the year we ride up to the challenge, Get the monkey off our back! We Believe GO Dubbssss!!

LoL thanks for the tips some good some bad but all info helps

PokerOwned Master
    online is much more frustrating cause of the magnitude of bad beats. The best hands win far less than in live poker. I like the availability of online poker just wish my hands would hold up more than they do. I probably wouldn't have such a sour opinion of online poker lol.

jbeam18
    Not much difference expect for I feel live poker is much harder than online. You don have to deal with aniexty online and having people make reads on you. Keep your bet patterns the same so u cant tell if you got it or bluffin when playing online.

PokerOwned Pro
    Online = crazy. Just start off in some really low stake games, or even play the freerolls only for awhile and get used to the gameplay. I would say that the hands hit about 50% more of the time....and people play crazy hands as well. Altho I don't play high stakes so i can't speak for those level games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast