Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70929.94

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Live vrs Online can there really be that big a difference?

Want some thought from everyone on what they think about....

Is it possible to be a good (or lucky) player live and make money yet play online and anything bad that can happen always does? and not have a chance online except for small cashes?

I ask cause i make money(consistently) live playing but online every time in a "big hand" the worst hand wins 8 of 10 times. Yet live i just dont see it that often( 8 of 10). 2 and 3 outers and gutshots seem to be the NUTZ against me online and live it rarely happens.

So can it be the variance between the 2 or can some people just be that unlucky online vrs live or even vice versa for some?

Now im not implying online is rigged as i would love to believe its not. Is it really that people online play like its video poker vrs live and thats just the way cards fall and if so then why dont they fall like that live? to around the same percentage?

I know i cant be the only one who thinks this way so im looking for insight into what it might be, be it variance or whatever..
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Knight-Lieutenant
    Yeah, live is way different from online. Live you have to be there in person and have to play for real in front of other people. So if your nervous, then your not goin to do so well. But online, its just a click away. Online can be played by everybody, but there are more donkeys there then live. But in the end your still gambling with money and still playing poker, so if you know u play good, you will eventually win.

Banned
    well i have had my worst bad beat in a live game... i floped set turned boat....... other 2 guys had 2 pair qqs and 22s the river came last q in the deck i lost to a 1 outer on the river... that was a live game.....was a 1dollar 2 dollar anit cash game... hand was for over 1200 dollars... that's a bad beat....

yeah i took a bad one flopped a set turnd a full and lost to a royal flush before Live but my luck online is just plain BAD. I can see it happening before it does, almost like im wishing it on if ya know what i mean LOL And because of it i expect to lose when im a favorite online and usually do. Is it because i know it coming or expect it? Does attitude affect cards coming? realistically i dont think that can happen but sure semms like it
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

All i can say is, just consider how many hands you can play online verus live in the same amount of time.
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Elite PokerOwned Member
    On live poker you have a lot of tells of others players so read them is a lot easier while in online poker it's very hard to do that. Also, the number of hands played online is huge and that's why people think that in online poker have more bad beats.

PokerOwned God
    Live vs online requires different skill sets. Kinda like how limit holdem differs from no limit holdem. Or how cash games differ from tourney games. Success in one form does not necessarily = success in the other form.

Its a whole different game

I started online but then played 3 years for a living in Vegas and it is a very different game

i prefer live overall but i like online for convenience sometimes..

Sergeant
    Тема закрыта!

joeyjmr8484
    The only difference I think is there is more hands.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast