Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63924.11

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member snklzona's Avatar

SNKLZONA's aka Todd's RANT

Don't understand the animosity and definitely am not on a side...just good luck whatever it is you choose...but back to the thing I don't understand so someone out there please help me...was my impression that when we joined this forum that it was kind of an unwritten declaration that said hey we gonna group together study, learn, practice and discuss poker in the aim of all becoming better...like any other large groups of people their are gonna be personality clashes and anger flair ups but when it comes down to it are we not all pokerowned members with supposedly the same goal...when I see other members I recognize in non PO sponsored events, I always say hey good luck and go PO or something to that effect...nine out of ten times I get no response...no biggie I'm not crying bout that but what I am saying is this is the first forum I have ever joined and only did so last December...been playing online poker since six months before black friday and to be honest always thought (wrongly so, much to my chagrin) forums were a bunch of people who couldn't play poker very well so they talked about it instead...but I digress...the thing is I am proud of my status as a pokerowned member and will always be loyal to PO for all I have learned and benefited from because of my association with it...so here is the help me part...is this just another stupid convoluted idea I have formulated in my screwed up mind like the one I had about forums even though I had never before set "foot" in one...anyway this turned into an incredibly long and unforeseen rant and my deepest apologies for interrupting the very constructive thread that was in progress prior to my "shoplifting" it...gonna leave it here so it has context but it will probably get moved but I really and truly would like feedback because I am at a loss...good luck to all my pokerowned brothers and sisters...I'm just saying... Todd aka snklzona
    Last edited by snklzona; 07-16-2013 at 05:56 AM.

PokerOwned Veteran
    I could not agree more with you more on that. I do not know about the rest of my fellow members but I am here to do what i love to do... play poker. I had no idea what forums were even about or had to offer until i signed up on here. and Zab you have done an amazing job with the site, brought me to a entire different level of playing. I am only 18 but have loved poker since i was 10, i cant think of many other things that i could do all do for weeks and still be as entertained and excited to do. I am not on here trying to make lots of money just looking for entertainment. Ive only been here for 2 months and am sad to say that starting the 29th i wont be able to be as active as i have been. Well enough rattling your ears get out there and play some poker!

I got brought here by someone who was already a member here. That was a month ago, and the first game I played was 6/28. I truly do suck at the game, I don't know what to do half the time, and to be brutally honest, any win I've had has just been pure stupid luck. Trying to sort through some of these threads about strategies and how to make good calls is rather daunting for a newbie. I almost feel like an idiot when I want to ask someone hey, can you tell me what I should or shouldn't do when this or that happens, or even asking advice seems like it's a taboo thing to do.

Even basically being thrown into the shark tank with knowing the basics, I've found that I do really enjoy the game.

I honestly have no animosity for anyone here at all. People are always going to develop rivalries, that's not going to change.

You are right, Todd, and it shouldn't be a convoluted idea. As a group, or community, who ever wants to participate in it should help those who want help or want to hash out bad plays, good plays, etc. and those who ask for a little advice shouldn't be condemned for it.

PokerOwned God
    well, people react differently and some not always in a kind way.
    But the worst you can do is to stop asking for help / advice.
    For me, I will always try to help / answer questions (if I am able to)
    Last edited by MIGO14; 07-16-2013 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snklzona View Post
    Don't understand the animosity and definitely am not on a side...just good luck whatever it is you choose...but back to the thing I don't understand so someone out there please help me...was my impression that when we joined this forum that it was kind of an unwritten declaration that said hey we gonna group together study, learn, practice and discuss poker in the aim of all becoming better...like any other large groups of people their are gonna be personality clashes and anger flair ups but when it comes down to it are we not all pokerowned members with supposedly the same goal...when I see other members I recognize in non PO sponsored events, I always say hey good luck and go PO or something to that effect...nine out of ten times I get no response...no biggie I'm not crying bout that but what I am saying is this is the first forum I have ever joined and only did so last December...been playing online poker since six months before black friday and to be honest always thought (wrongly so, much to my chagrin) forums were a bunch of people who couldn't play poker very well so they talked about it instead...but I digress...the thing is I am proud of my status as a pokerowned member and will always be loyal to PO for all I have learned and benefited from because of my association with it...so here is the help me part...is this just another stupid convoluted idea I have formulated in my screwed up mind like the one I had about forums even though I had never before set "foot" in one...anyway this turned into an incredibly long and unforeseen rant and my deepest apologies for interrupting the very constructive thread that was in progress prior to my "shoplifting" it...gonna leave it here so it has context but it will probably get moved but I really and truly would like feedback because I am at a loss...good luck to all my pokerowned brothers and sisters...I'm just saying... Todd aka snklzona
    Some people don't like to talk during tournaments (especially on something like BCP where the chat area is awful). Not something you should take too personally as I doubt it's a slight against you.

As an addendum, there are people that just want to be troublemakers, and people that just want to do what they have to to earn tickets and points without wanting anything to do with the community. You can't control those kind of people; if you've made friends and learned (which you stated was what you thought the goal was), then you're ahead of the game.

Survey Master
    i think for the most part youll see someone post in chat that they are in blah blah position in a certain tourney and youll see alot of ppl saying good luck and sometimes we go rail them, but my opinion of most here is that alot only care about themselves. while a few of us do try to support each other most do not. they dont say hi half the time cause they dont care.

ive been a part of a few forums in my life and i have met good ppl on all of them as well as bad ppl. i say dont worry about the bad seeds man. continue to play your game and youll see little bits of support here n there. no need to be upset for these guys not wanting to support fellow members

Seasoned Veteran
    I'm a fairly new member to Pokerowned, but I really like it so far. Everyone has been helpful to me so far. I think this is by far the best poker forum out there, its also a lot of fun. Way better compared to others I have seen. And just an FYI to the OP, in case you have ever seen me in a game and said hi but received no response it is not out of spite, but due to the fact I don't always keep an eye on the chat.

I love playing poker, it helps me through tuff times in the real world. i'm not very good at it, but i do okay on occasion. I've met some cool people, a couple even in real life, wouldn't mind meeting a few more. I love to rail members when i can and help out when i can. good luck to all.
    I am the Captain of my ship. If you don't like the ride, Get Off!

PokerOwned Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by rivdee View Post
    Some people don't like to talk during tournaments (especially on something like BCP where the chat area is awful). Not something you should take too personally as I doubt it's a slight against you.
    Agreed. Sometimes I may be multitabling or multitasking and I don't even notice someone said something to me. But I generally try to be pretty friendly. With a forum of any decent size there will always be personality clashes and a few bad eggs (there are a couple here that can really get to me -- but I'm getting used to it by now). I'm just thankful for Zab and everyone who put this site together because it really is awesome -- a little too awesome (ie addicting) sometimes. But I'm glad it's here because it really does help me through some of the difficult things I'm dealing with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast