Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $62586.05

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tex
    PokerOwned Master
    I liked to give a little warning watch out slow playing monster preflops like AA from early position,you limp at loose table you end with 4 callers one of them is liable to hit a monster flop making your hand no good.

PokerOwned Veteran
    Yes , slow play is a good part of the game . Its how alot of players get paid in big pots ! But yes there's also rude way to slow play... What i was gonna say a cpl already have here n there . So you should get it now ... Good luck at the tables bro

PokerOwned Veteran
    Slow playing AA or KK preflop can get you into a lot of trouble. Especially in early position, if you limp with those kinds of monsters and about 3 or 4 others limp in behind you, you're probably already in trouble after the flop because someone else probably got lucky with 2 pair, or they may have flopped a str8 or a great str8 or flush draw and now you've priced them in to hit that draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitjunky View Post
    good grief no! its the smartest thing a poker player can do - if done right - and you will only get a penalty if you are last to act in a tourney hand and have the absolute nuts on the river and check - no other move gets a penalty
    If the smartest thing is to get your head bashed in then go ahead LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitjunky View Post
    to slow play the right way - you first must make sure you have the best hand - doesnt need to be an absolute monster - if yuou are heads up and have A10 and hit a 10 high flop - this is good enough to slow play if you think your opponent is NOT on a draw - but in a multiway pot you may want much stronger holdings

extreme example - preflop you are first to act - have AA and limp in (for some reason) - 3 people call and flop comes A33 - you have top boat and can only lose to a 33 in someones hands (or a runner -runner situation)- very rare - the move here is to check and hope some one else bets then you can either call, and hope they do it again on future streets, or raise

one big problem with slow playing is that you can get outdrawn and lose everything (the lowest hand you need to flop to never be outdrawn is a straight flush)- or nobody will bet and you wont earn any extra chips - this is where the 'if done right' comes in
    You example isnt close to "slow playing". Turn that flop around to AA3, that is a slow playing hand. Meaning only a straight flush can beat ya and if there is no str8 flush possible and your just check calling all the way thru and even stalling like you have nothing. I think you have Slow playing all wrong in your head about what it is

Regardless of what this guy has to say Slow playing is bad ettiquitte and can get you more then just punished by turny director
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

PokerOwned Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by abwil2 View Post
    If the smartest thing is to get your head bashed in then go ahead LMFAO

You example isnt close to "slow playing". Turn that flop around to AA3, that is a slow playing hand. Meaning only a straight flush can beat ya and if there is no str8 flush possible and your just check calling all the way thru and even stalling like you have nothing. I think you have Slow playing all wrong in your head about what it is

Regardless of what this guy has to say Slow playing is bad ettiquitte and can get you more then just punished by turny director
    how can having the best hand and checking not be slowplaying? You are funny, plus the a33 vs aa3 scenerio only give one extra specific hand (33) that can beat you - not much of a difference

AND I WILL WAGER YOU ANYTHING that you can not find a tournament rule book that will punish someone for slowplaying

PokerOwned Pro
    slow play does not require the best hand possible - just the best hand of those still active- if you think otherwise you havent played enough yet and are not using it correctly

another thing to consider is different poker lingo from different regions.

PokerOwned Pro
    i guess so - and i suppose some people define variables in different ways as well - but i slow play when its a playable move - which is whenever i have the best hand of the players and an aggressive player is betting into me - but to be fair i have folded after slowplaying too - knowing i was eventually beat - its a risk but with big rewards

Seasoned Veteran
    mhmm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12