Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $61112.28

Re-Entry Tourneys

How many times will you buy back into a re-entry tourney (not a re-buy tourney) and what do you think the average player does?

Depends on the tournament. Usually I don't more than once or twice, or not at all in some cases. In the Carbon $250 gtd at 1:00AM Eastern time, I almost always re-enter once at least because those have so much dead money. Re-entering is NOT a fallback plan though.

I'm usually pretty tight even in re-buys, I'm trying to figure out how much extra br i should have for a re-entry vs. freezeout now that almost everything on merge is re-entry. I calculate re-buys as the initial bi + 3 rebuys + 1 add on usually totaling 5x the bi. Therefore I would need 5x the br to play a $1 rebuy vs a $1 freezeout. I think I'll use 2 re-entrys as my avg totaling 3x the bi for how I calculate what I can afford.

I hate saying it, but once I've decided to play a tourney, I'm going to keep re-buying/re-entering until the re-buy/re-entry is over.

Survey Master
    seems like alot of sites are using this reentry structure now instead of rebuy. do any of you know why? i can tell you. on a reentry tourney they get to collect the rake again and again and again. in a rebuy they do not. seems like a joke to me. just another way to screw players out of more money a little at a time

Quote Originally Posted by tommy62278 View Post
    seems like alot of sites are using this reentry structure now instead of rebuy. do any of you know why? i can tell you. on a reentry tourney they get to collect the rake again and again and again. in a rebuy they do not. seems like a joke to me. just another way to screw players out of more money a little at a time
    You are completely right. Merge is completely ripping us off right now, but it's not like we're gonna stop playing..

PokerOwned God
    Well I personally don?t like them and will just play them like a freezout. If I am out, I am done...
    And its not only Merge... FullTilt also have these tourneys.

Elite PokerOwned Member snklzona's Avatar
    +1 Figured that out also...never really cared much for RB's play them rarely...care less for re-entry

Yeah, I know. It's stupid, but there isn't much of an alternative.

PokerOwned God
    wow that is really interesting never thought of it that way

PokerOwned Demi-God
    The one thing I get about re-entries is that since there is late registration and other people can keep signing up, why you should be precluded from signing up again just because you got knocked out. Yes, some of these late registrations go on entirely too long, but that's another story.