Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $70663.81

Thread: counting outs..

PokerOwned Master

counting outs..

I bring this up cause people like to say they got 3 outed, or 4 or 2.. Guy commented the other day on me 2 outer. Had open end st8 draw, two pair and set draw and 13 outs. Not great but counting outs isnt that hard and complaining should stick to reality and plo pot limit you usually have something going into the river.

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by panthers63 View Post
    I bring this up cause people like to say they got 3 outed, or 4 or 2.. Guy commented the other day on me 2 outer. Had open end st8 draw, two pair and set draw and 13 outs. Not great but counting outs isnt that hard and complaining should stick to reality and plo pot limit you usually have something going into the river.
    Calling a pot sized bet HU with 13 outs is justified on the flop in PLO. Calling a pot sized bet on the turn HU with 13 outs is -ev, but not that far off (with implied odds). Having said that, I think your point is the complainer didn't see all of your outs. Sounds like the type of player you want in your game ... one that doesn't know the nuances of plo.

some people just are unable to understand outs and etc.
    " JUST KILLIN TIME,,, WAITING FOR TIME TO KILL ME,,,"

Where can you learn to calculate outs? Anyone got a good website?

PokerOwned God
    Quote Originally Posted by donaldmega View Post
    Google ... keyword search something like "calculating poker outs".

Another option ... Get a poker book ... your local library will likely have a few if you don't want to buy one.

PokerOwned Moderator
    People usually only see the outs they get sucked out on and not all the outs you had to make the better hand. For example, if you sucked a gutshot, they'll be like "omg, 4 outters, you donk" but they don't see you had the flush draw too, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by donaldmega View Post
    when you calculate your outs just remember that it is one card outs. I flopped a flush the other day and a guy bet before me and when i raised he insta called me with middle pair. he said he had like 18 outs but, he needed both cards to hit in order for him to beat me. I tried to explain it to him but he kept saying if, if, if, if. I tried to tell him that all the word "IF" was going make him a railbird.

Library Master Champion eqgh5uea's Avatar
    Last edited by eqgh5uea; 07-29-2011 at 03:56 AM.