Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $66617.39

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    PokerOwned Veteran PursuitofPlay's Avatar

Is this Collusion or Tournament Strategy?

In tournament play, a short stack shoves all in and two larger stacks call. The two larger stacked players, without conversation, check out the action in attempts to have a better chance at the showdown to knock out the short stack. An example of this is discussed by Bobby Oboodi and the commentators during the WPT Borgata Open.
    Link here World Poker Tour 10, E09 -- Borgata Poker Open - YouTube between 7:25-9:30.

Jin Wong, an amateur player, fails to call because he was unaware of the implied strategy of he and Bobby checking it out till the showdown.

I pose this question out of a difference of opinion between 1downswing1 and I, he says this strategy is collusion and cheating. I said he's a dumbass for posture betting me out of a hand, when we would have knocked out a short stack had he let me see the river. What do you think?

Lol this isnt even a question. Its 100% not collusion

It is only collusion if it is verbally discussed out loud, this is pretty standard.

PokerOwned Veteran hypknautiqah's Avatar
    is it cheating that the winning team in a football game knees down to run the clock down? its strategy and smart play, albeit a no balls play lol
    She touched her boob, than touched me, from the transative properties of algebra, I GOT BOOB!! -Steve Smith

PokerOwned Veteran
    lol, 1downswing1 is an idiot. You are 100% correct here. Not collusion in any way.

agree 100% not collusion, in a live game i bet a guy out n he had a go at me for it being poor poker etiquette,however its not that either, its just a case of who has the bigger balls and who wants to take a risk, 1downswing is a retard i mean have u seen the guy play?
    17:51 <PooffyFooffy> not everyone screws up things the way I can
    20:27 <PooffyFooffy> I could use all the help I can get, lol
    <PooffyFooffy>lol I have my share of duh moments, regularly, lol

Oh and this hand and strategy is further discussed in the Raw Deal segment later in the episode. Yeah I thought I wasn't crazy, Thanks guys.

i would have called this for sure. although it seems, very few people know the unwritten rules of poker, it seems everyone is a dumbazz these days. I am willing to help knock some one out if we are on a bubble or if we are trying to ladder up the money, but i have had str8 idiots bet me off of pots with nothing on the bubble of satellites. I mean the poker world is so fckn stupid these days, which all in all is a good thing, but the lack of thought in people is baffling.
    RANGER (B2B HU LOYALTY GAME CHAMP! DO YOU REMEMBER THOSE NOOB? NO, NO YOU DON'T!)

PokerOwned Veteran
    I would agree that it is NOT collusion.

Oh yes pokeyourface I forgot to mention this was just before the bubble as well

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast