Total Free Money Earned

Redeems: $280,439

BTC Rate: $63782.05

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Elite PokerOwned Member GottImHimmel's Avatar

Question Are the Pokerowned Tournaments becoming Crapshoots?

I will be honest, I haven't played in a little while on here, life's decided to fill up most of my time, but I have comeback and played some tournaments.

In these I have observed on numerous occasions people shoving with card values lower than dirt, in abhorrent spots, just in general a lack of understanding of the game; I emphasize I AM NOT speaking about a loose-aggressive style of play, that is perfectly legitimate, I am talking about utter stupidity.

Here's the Catch: I witness an endless number of suckouts and badbeats on people who had dominating hands! Not to say Carbon poker is rigged, it is the simple fact of the massive volume of the type of player I mentioned before, more volume=more suckouts.

I was chatting it up with my buddy Donmega in my last tournament, when I was knocked out in 7th, I had played about 5 hands out of 80! Just out of fear of the endless hand range our players exhibit.

P.S: Not to mention the increasing volume of players in our tournies, it is much too large.

QUESTION: Are the Pokerowned Tournaments becoming Crapshoots?

MY OPINION: In some ways, yes. Not to say we don't have some really solid players, but they are becoming vastly outnumbered in what Donmega so eloquently entitled
    " THE DONKFEST "

My Opinion on the best way to win if this so called " Donkfest " is true, play with a VERY limited hand range, and be prepared to use that fold button A LOT, you want to avoid races, you might end up having one, but try to limit the number of races you have, and you'll see more success. DO NOT GET SUCKED UP IN THE DONKFEST!

Sincerely Y'alls Friend,

GottimHimmel ( See you at the Tables!)

Haha this is a good post GottimHimmel! Suckout are happening far too often lately. Its ruining the game of poker.

well tbh,, yes they are defo like that,, BUT the rest of merge tournryesss are like that a lot too tho sad to say. I played in 2 touneys tnite, one 5 dolla buy in and one a little smaller. AND the hand range and donkness was out in full force and i got donked bad all nite tnite in my tourneys. what can i u do when peole w ant to call 1500 in a tourney with ACE 2 off and u have AK suited and they hit ace and 2 and then u have ace 10 suited and they have ace 9 off and hot ace 9 this was happpening to me all nite tnite,, and simialr hands a lot too. i think people know how it ison merge a lot,, so they are willing to play real bad and know they mite get lucky or they just stupid,, lolol theres a lot of both on merge tho,,, so i think the PO frerolllls are allll relative toooo,, and a frerolll too, so even worse tho tooo hehe.. so GLGL t ya, u defo neeed it

Rrickir, like i said, that's why with a good combo of bankroll management, and an old-fashioned tight-aggressive playing style, success will increase. Once you can secure a couple easy double ups, it is as easy as waiting on the top tier hands, and only playing those. Leave the fancy loose-aggressiveness to the pros! They all advocate playing tight as the best fallback.

Elite PokerOwned Member lulabell79's Avatar
    Spoken like a true solid player! I envy your patience and will power to play that way because the donks have made me play like a maniac lately, but you are right.. it is absolutely the only way to play if you want to survive on here these days, unless you have that donkey angel on your shoulder working miracles for you, that is. Your article above is as good as the advice articles the pro's shared at Fulltilt Poker Academy... (0= Very good advice & thanks for sharing! Good luck at the tables.
    There are TWO rules for ultimate success in poker:
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Elite PokerOwned Member
    its a points based freeroll of course people will play like idiots i do lol

its only 145 points not the end of the world

i love them

Elite PokerOwned Member lulabell79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1downswing1 View Post
    its a points based freeroll of course people will play like idiots i do lol

its only 145 points not the end of the world

i love them
    f course I'll try to see things from your point of view... as soon as you pull your head out of your ass
    There are TWO rules for ultimate success in poker:
    1. Never tell everything you know.

PokerOwned God
    freeroll play is much different then money play for quite a few people ... 145 points is basically a few cents

yeah but what i dont understand is if your going to spend the time playing why not give it ur best shot regardless of buyin? Its not much different at the $10 to $20 games either. Beside if you dont have millions(of dollars) backing you whats the point of being loose/aggro?
    Failing to Prepare is Preparing to fail : John Wooden

Lulabell you flatter me, thanks for the kind words, personally I don't understand the " it's only a few cents anyhow " argument, but that's just me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast